Gores Son a Pot Head

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Todays Milwaukee Urinal Sentinal has a report that Albert A. Gore III, 21 was busted Friday for pot possession. <br /><br /> ON WISCONSIN : JS ONLINE : NEWS : <br />Dec 21, 4:26 PM EST<br /><br />Al Gore's Son Arrested for Pot Possession<br /><br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />WASHINGTON (AP) -- The son of former vice president and 2000 Democratic presidential candidate Al Gore has been charged with marijuana possession.<br /><br />Albert A. Gore III, 21, was arrested Friday night after he was stopped for driving a vehicle without its headlights on.<br /><br />Two passengers were also arrested and charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession. They were identified as Yann V. Kumin, 21, and Marc G. Hordon, 22, both of Cambridge, Mass.<br /><br />A Montgomery County, Md., police officer stopped the car, a dark-colored Cadillac, in Bethesda, a Washington suburb, around 11:30 p.m. Friday.<br /><br />The officer noticed the car's windows and sunroof were open, despite cold temperatures Friday night. There was also a smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle, according to a news release from the police department.<br /><br /> <br /> <br /> <br />A search of the vehicle turned up a partial marijuana cigarette, a cigarette box containing suspected marijuana, and a soft drink can that also smelled of marijuana.<br /><br />All three were released pending trial.<br /><br />In September 2002, the younger Gore was ticketed for driving under the influence. He was pulled over and ticketed by military police just outside Fort Myer in suburban Virginia, but was not taken into custody.<br /><br />In the summer of 2000, Gore was cited by the North Carolina Highway Patrol for driving 97 mph in a 55-mph zone. Under an agreement with prosecutors, a reckless driving charge was dropped in the North Carolina case, but he was fined $125 for speeding and his driving privileges in the state were suspended.<br /><br />Copyright 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved<br /> <br /> <br /><br />Lets see if the Republicans beat up Gore senior the same as Dems and Media did to Jeb Bush over his daughters drug use.<br /><br />BTW, the story is six short paragraphs buried in the bowels of the front page.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Gores Son a Pot Head

story of my life SBN--a day late, and in my case, two dollars short :D

FSHKPR

Ensign

OH No! I am shocked. a 21 year old arrested for possesion of the killer weed. Wow what is this world coming to? This has to be the biggest news headline of the year!

D

DJ

"Oh man, it's just weed". That's from a popular spot played today on TV and radio.<br /><br />The "hero" mother breaks the kids program by derailing his upcoming tyrade about how weed is so good.<br /><br />AG-III JR. does 97, in a 55, "naw my faculties weren't impared occifer" (mispelling implied).<br /><br />"Weed", or whatever you want to call it is NOT "harmless".

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

"If God hadn't intended for man to smoke, He wouldn't have invented rolling papers", and "Dope in times of no money is better than money in times of no dope" were two phrases I remember from 'back in the day', some 30 years ago. Of course, the other refrain at that time was, "Why do you think they call it 'dope'?"<br />See? Pot hasn't affected my ...um... what was I saying again?

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Noelle Bush's fraudulant prescriptions for xanax and cocaine possession, while in re-hab mind you; those are both felonys in the state of Florida....<br /><br /> Of course, Daddy Jeb, Mr."tuff on crime", got her "off the hook".... That is why the "liberal media" beat him up... Go figure.. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Crazy Al jr. committed a couple misdemeanors, got himself a few traffic citations, and had his drivers liscence suspended... I have a feeling that the judge may not be lenient when he goes to trial... I hope not...<br /><br />I doubt that Al Sr. would use his "political clout" to help Jr. "off the hook".... My gut feeling... Should the media "beat him up"? Probably, yes...

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I grow weary of the demonization of weed. As long as alcohol exists, no one should be crying about weed. Your daddy's whiskey is almost always the first mind altering substance you try as a child. Next comes the pot, and if you were raised poorly, you step up to the truely nasty stuff. Why on earth anyone complains about pot when people drive drunk from the bar or liquor store I'll never know. Lets face it, you almost always have enough pot, and when you smoke it, just about the last thing you want to do is go anywhere. Yeah, there are exceptions of course, but we all know what the real killer is. No, I don't do that stuff anymore. In fact, I rarely drink and don't smoke any pot anymore, and I am fine with that, but booze will always be worse than pot..... If my kid came to me and said they tried pot, I wouldn't like it, but if they said they tried alcohol, I would be a lot more pissed.

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

And this is news??<br /><br />Must have been a slow news day.<br /><br />We elected a president to office twice who admitted smoking weed so why would the former vice presidents son getting caught with a little dope be news?? Its a non-issue.<br /><br />If he was trafficing it and got caught with a few hundered pounds that would be a different story.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yup. <br /><br />Like Boatingfool says, So what?

FSHKPR

Ensign

well that is what my post was supose to say, Big deal. who cares. So what!! there are probably thousands of 21 year olds getting busted for possesion. but gores son makes the news. I dont care about gores kid or what the bush kids got into none of my business. and boating fool you must of forgot that president we elected never inhaled! :D

ZmOz

Captain

It was big news too when Bush's girls got in trouble for underage drinking. There's probably more people that have smoked pot than drank regularly under 21. I'm 18 and I don't know anybody (my age) that doesn't get drunk at least once a month. Actually, now that I think about it marijuana would probably be easier for me to get than alcohol...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> what is chocking me up is no one looks at the fact that this suposed man is cruising about town on a mind altering substance in a 1 1/2 ton killing machine. cars are kinda like gasoline. we use it so much we forget just how dangerous they can be. much less when your brain is coked. is this guy going to be the next Janklow? when do we take someone like that off the road permanantly? do we have to wait until he Kills a carloard of kids in a mini-van or just 1 pedestrian going home to the kids ?<br /> he has demonstrated in the past a total disregard for the lives around him. it is time for a permanant revocation of his drivers license. not because he toked a number but because he has a total disregard for the lives of those around him. driving is a privalege not a right.<br /> good luck and keep posting

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

The point of this thread got lost.--<br /><br />--and the point is--<br /><br />--the US medias use of incidents like Gores kid and Jebs daughters troubles to bash or tarnish the polititians that the media oppose.--<br /><br />-point: Jebs daughters troubles (Jeb=Republican) received greater, and more "inflamatory" imo, exposure than the Gores kid deal. <br /><br />The reality is that both fathers are obligated to raise their kids as best possible, --BUT--, the kids are not inclined to be 24/7 aware of how their behavior will reflect upon their family.<br /><br />The media would have us believe that the kids behavior is a direct reflection of their parents values--not true imo as some have posted here of their challenges regarding their kids--

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer

hello<br />what is chocking me up is no one looks at the fact that this suposed man is cruising about town on a mind altering substance in a 1 1/2 ton killing machine. cars are kinda like gasoline. we use it so much we forget just how dangerous they can be. much less when your brain is coked. is this guy going to be the next Janklow? when do we take someone like that off the road permanantly? do we have to wait until he Kills a carloard of kids in a mini-van or just 1 pedestrian going home to the kids ?<br />he has demonstrated in the past a total disregard for the lives around him. it is time for a permanant revocation of his drivers license. not because he toked a number but because he has a total disregard for the lives of those around him. driving is a privalege not a right.<br />good luck and keep posting
You are right.<br />But thats not why it made the news. It made the news because of who he was.

Link

Rear Admiral

But Pat:<br />Jebs Kids are a direct reflection on how they were raised!<br />Al's kids are just under too much pressure! <br />After all, when you have a Daddy that not only invented the internet but ALSO plowed the field's and picked TaBacky with his bare hands..how do you live up to that! :rolleyes: <br />Your point wasn't missed.. just side stepped as usuall ")

Hooty

Rear Admiral

H*ll, I thought hiz dad invented marijuana.<br /><br />c/6<br />Hooty

NOSLEEP

Commander

Smok'm Big Buffalo... :p <br /><br />Life is action and passion. It is expected of a <br />man that he share in action and passion of his<br />time. Under penalty of being judged not to<br />have lived.