tattoo's

11 footer

Lieutenant
This should make for a fun nonpolical thread.<br /><br />I friend of mine did a homemade tattoo last week, right in his hand he made the cross. His parents almost killed him for it too.<br /><br />I personally wouldn't get one, but I think its cool to hear about why people get them and what they mean.<br /><br />Where is your tattoo and what is it?

crab bait

Captain
Re: tattoo's

no where..<br /><br />if'n i wouldn't hang it on my wall,,, sure as heck ain't hangin' it on me...<br /><br />wanted a battle ship on my chest one time.. but only a rubber raft would fit.. ;)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

none here either.. :) <br /><br />Another thing that irk's me.... Whats up with these females and tattoos?..... Is that disgusting, or what? I don't care what, or where it is :eek: ,... Total turn off! :( Come on girls, quit de-facing your bodys and get with the program...

11 footer

Lieutenant

I agree, I don't really go for girls with tattoo's. <br />Some are worse then others, but none are "lady like". Maybe I'm narrow minded or sexest, but I think girls shouldn't get tattoo's and shouldn't smoke.

FLATHEAD

Commander

Before you stereotype people with tattoos you had better check who in the family has one,,, it just might be your grandma. :cool: :eek: :cool:

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I don't have any problem with people having tattoos (I don't have any myself), most of the time they can be covered. At least the smart people do it so they can go to work and not create problems for themselves by keping the tats covered. Employers want professional looking people, and all you do is make sure you won't get a decent job if you are all covered in ink and metal. Of course, if you are in entertainment, you can make an arse of yourself all you want....<br /><br />Lets face it, that thing that seemed like a good idea at 20 looks like a pretty bad idea when you are 40. There are so many people getting tattoos burned off at three times the cost of the tattoo, but you can't tell a 20something anything, they will do what they will do, and defend their poor decision making process to death...

Homerr

Commander

I can't stand tattoos either.<br />I mean what's the point of having one?<br />Does it make a person any better or lesser or?<br /><br /> And now I've probably offended just about every salty dog that has ever joined the Navy.... :eek: <br /><br />It's a TOTAL turn-off when women have them.<br />The body piercing makes me equally disgusted.<br />Thank the Lord my daughters don't care for tattoos and body piercing. <br />If it's one value they have picked up, is that they don't mutilate their bodies with that garbage.<br /><br />What really gets me is the boys/men wearing earing's. Same thing applies... Is it suppose to make you cool or look better? Not in my book.<br />SICK!<br /><br />As I've told my girls... If they intend to date a boy that wears earings?...He better be wearing a dress!<br /><br />And you're right Jason....<br />It would seem that the tattoo craze is possibly coming to an end. I know plenty of people who are getting them removed.<br /><br />Not trying to offend or stereotype... Just my view and opinion! :rolleyes: <br /><br />H.

LubeDude

Admiral

Here is a good one!<br /><br />My EX brother inlaw came home one night after work to find that his wife and his daughter had gone out that day and had tatoos, one on the wife was on her shoulder, and the daughter got one on here ankle! She was 15! He was so upset that he walked out and didnt come back for a week! He could not beleive his wife would do anything like that without telling him about it first and I couldnt either! You noticed I said EX! This shows NO respect!<br /><br />LubeDude

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I don't go for tattoos either, but the native people of New Zealand - the Maoris - have a traditional form of facial tattoo called the "Moko". It can make them look pretty fearsome.<br /><br />You can see examples on this site... <br /><br /> http://www.nzedge.com/hot/ar-moko.html

Skinnywater

Commander

Yeah, what an adult does with their skin is up to them. What a minor does to it is up to the parents.<br />It's odd that a lot do it to express their individuality, yet they do it to be like one of their peers. :confused: <br /><br />I'm glad I never got one, especially since it seems to be a fad these days.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

As for tattoos, I figure I was born with all the body paint I needed and as far as the piercing goes, I figure I was born with all the holes I needed also. :D

gaugeguy

Captain

I guess I'll be the first to say that I have ink. I have the Marine Corps Emblem (eagle, globe and anchor) on my left shoulder with dates I served 1985-1993. I also have a small Patriots logo on my right calf--5 of my buddies said if the Patriots win the superbowl we'll get a tattoo and we did.<br /><br />I don't like the home-made or jail tattoo look, If it done proffessionally and it's not of the Grim Reaper or anything like that, they aren't too bad. As for women with tatoos, as long as it is feminine they are OK. I actually think that "tribal" lattice work they are putting on the small of their backs nowadays is kind of sexy.<br /><br />Piercings are another story.

Carphunter

Commander

I thought about gettin a tattoo of myself, only taller. :D <br /><br />No body paint here, but I got nothing against it.<br /><br />As for women, I always say, why de-face the most beautiful thing ever made. (Except maybe a big Whitetail) :p .

LadyFish

Admiral

No tats or body piercing here. It was always considered a little trashy for girls to get tatoos when I grew up. Now, girls get them all the time.<br /><br />I've been to business meetings and seen woman dressed in suits with very noticable ankle tattoos. It makes me think she is either trying to be someone she is not, or has a shady past.<br /><br />I know its wrong to profile, or label without first getting to know the person, but in business, first impressions do matter.<br /><br />In recent years, tattoos and body piercing have become an art form and they have always been a form of self expression. I can only hope that the long term health affects are not negative for those who have overdone it.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

i have a tat in a private area that reads; "puny"<br />of course when it's fully stretched out it reads;<br />"pauxitauny pennsylvania" :p

one more cast

Captain

I personally like tattoo's if they are professionaly done unless they are on the face. I really like the single needle ones.I do not have any myself but i may get some. If you do get tattoo's check out the artists past work so you know what your getting. My daughter has one that the tattooist screwed up so she had it covered with another and now it ain't real pretty.(lesson in life).

crab bait

Captain

MELLO,,you 'gopher it',, boy....<br /><br />piercin' are different.. least can be removed an closed up... but whats with guys/athelets with DOUBLES an in BOTH EARS..<br /><br />girls with 'trailer hitches' in there tongues.. whats that like..??<br /><br />i wrote this before...<br /><br />the reason pirates had a gold ring pierce ear.. was because that meant he always had legal tender.. if'n he die in some foriegn land or drowned overboard an washed ashore.. someone findin' his carcass could take the ring an give him a christian burial....

FLATHEAD

Commander

I have ink and lots of it. All of them done by pros. I really like the ink and I like the way it looks. I see a lot of stereotyping here. You would be very surprised to know who has tattoos. I think the mindset that it is for people trying to be something they aren't or folks with low self esteem is a bunch of BS. If you think ink makes women trashy so be it. Ive seen more women dressed like cheap two dollar hoes that look trashy then those with tattoos. If you don't like it thats great but don't make assumptions on people just because of the ink. <br /><br />Not a big fan of the piercing thing. But hey whatever floats your boat. <br /><br />If you can judge a man by whats on his skin you are a better man than me.<br /><br />I have ink from below my elbows up to my shoulders on each arm, all blended into one big sleeve,, and more on the way. :cool: <br /><br />Have a great day Flathead