sadam capture staged????

mattttt25

Commander
a british news source broke a story late last night saying the sadam capture was staged. a group of iraqis captured him and held him while they negotiated with the u.s./britain for a bigger role in the new iraq. supposedly drugged him and left him for us to "capture".<br /><br />i don't believe it (or hope to god it's not true). i can't see us being so dumb to think something like this wouldn't get leaked. the only thing i can think is maybe it is true and we played their game just to get him. but then couldn't we have just told the truth? no, i don't believe it....

boatingfool

Chief Petty Officer
Re: sadam capture staged????

I dont believe it.<br /><br />But who knows...<br /><br />The Jessica lynch story turned out to be not exactly what we were led to believe.<br /><br />Dont get me wrong , I am not taking away from any of the soldiers , it was the government that spun the story.

mattttt25

Commander

well that's strange. i read the article myself when my dad showed it to me. it was the top story this morning on yahoo news. now it's gone. poof! either it was completely false and someone is getting fired for posting it, or the iboats crew is in on it....

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I have not got any news from my msnbc alerts to this.<br /><br />Another misconception I guess.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Having lived in the middle east for a quarter century,I must say, that knowing the general atmosphere there, the story is very probable.<br />The very cynical mind that would set up this kind of deal,probably with profit motives, may well have been a Sadam clan member with a personal grudge.This is a very common way of acting and thinking in those parts of the world.To me it sounds like somebody figured that glory or honor does not pay the bills, so let the american soldiers have that.In the meantime,this same cynical person is sipping martinis,and I hope, is being watched by the cia because it seems to me that he is made of the same stuff that Sadam was made of.<br />Mops.

Skinnywater

Commander

The three quarter of a million dollars that was found with Saddam wouldn't have been still around.<br /><br />I think the Iraqi's are better at squealing under interogation then they are at setting up schemes and plots.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Just goes to show you haven't dealt with them

Homerr

Commander

I've heard of this scenario too.<br /><br />If it is true, I bet that OBL will conveniently pop up too... Right around election time.<br /><br />In any event... If it was staged...<br />We can't do a dang thing about it.<br /><br />I'm just glad we got him. <br /><br />H.

LubeDude

Admiral

ya, well we didnt really go to the moon either according to some!!!<br /><br />LubeDude

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

What does it really matter if it was staged or not. We have the idiot in custody. Why does it matter how we got him?<br /><br />I think it would be good to feed him and let him drink from lead based dishware! Let him die of slow enduring lead poison. If anything it will do, it will make him retarded.....SS

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Now that would be a waste of good lead!!

Homerr

Commander

Naaaa...<br /><br />Just put him in a room listening to Hilary's filth coming from her mouth...<br /><br />He'll kill himself... :) <br /><br />H.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

LIES..LIES... LIES I for one don't believe that, we caugth that murderous rat,and his days are over.

mattttt25

Commander

fellas, no reason to argue. it must have been a story with little fact that got posted by mistake. i almost think i was dreaming. one minute the article was the top story on yahoo, the next minute it is gone without a trace. very strange.

RICKRICK1

Ensign

matt you be with them aliens again?<br /> or just good meds

SCO

Lieutenant

I suspected that story was spun purely from one or two bits of info, the reported disorientation. From that , disorientation must have been caused by drugs, he must have been drugged, and he was in a cell like hole in a remote location. There you have it, the setup. I'd have been surprised if someone hadn't come up with that theory. An interesting thing I heard, was that when they got him, local warlords were present with the US soldiers. Saddam reportedly said to one "what are you doing here", and the man replied" why did you kill cleric (can't remember name)". That implies a setup, but not one where Saddam had been captured and held but one where one where he was given up as payback for the murder of the cleric that urged cooperation with the US...(is that the same cleric?).

popuptarget

Cadet

hey guys, I am here in this lovely resort town of tikrit,Iraq. Trust me. It was not staged.

gaugeguy

Captain

Keep your head low Popup. God bless you and everyone else over there. You guys are doing an awesome job, we are all behind you. Keep safe, have the best holiday you can, and come home soon.