The 10 Worst Gifts A Man Can Buy A Woman For The Holidays

LadyFish

Admiral
A few last minute shopping tips since I know most of you probably haven't even started yet.<br /><br />1. Never give a woman any kind of household appliance or something that is going to make "housework" easier. For instance, a blender, a toaster, a new vacuum, one of those mops they advertise on tv that does everything, anything in a informercial. <br /><br />2. Any bulk cleaning supplies, "honey, I got you that large box of Tide you have been wanting." "This Windex should last you a while." "I got a good deal on the industrial strength toilet bowl cleaner." All I can say is, be prepared to run. I have faith that if you would have at least stopped and thought about what would be a much more intimate gift, you would have had the sense to spring for the $5 Chia Pet you were eyeing in Kmart.<br /><br />3. Any sharp objects made by Ronco which slices or dices, or a set of ginsu knives. These may one day be used as a weapon against you when you come home with lipstick on your collar after a "night out with the boys."<br /><br />4. Do not buy gifts for yourself and pretend they are for her. "Honey, I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of the new drill I bought you." By then she will have put it to good use by drilling a quarter inch hole into the side of your skull for even thinking she would accept such a lame gift. After a gift like this, you probably won't be around for NEXT Christmas.<br /><br />5. Any lingerie made of flannel, such as a pair of feet pajamas with a trap door in back. A Little Mermaid or Barney cartoon character nightgown. It gives her the idea that you do not consider her the sexy woman that she is. Take out that wallet and buy her something sexy from Victoria Secret. Then its the gift that keeps on giving. She feels sexy in her new nightie and you keep getting the magazines for months.<br /><br />6. No name perfume which costs you $1.99, such as Eu de Toilet, which actually smells like the bathroom, or your dirty socks. If you are going to buy her perfume, spring for the brand names.<br /><br />7. Any type of cubic zirconia jewelry you see on the Home Shopping Network. It will be quite embarrassing when she is showing off that fabulous diamond to her friends and tries to cut glass with it. (We actually test them you know.) Also, now would not be a good time to buy her that set of diamond nipple clamps you always wanted to, you know how we like to show off our jewelry and it could get embarrassing at the New Year's party when she decides to show them off to your buddies.)<br /><br />8. Please do not buy her clothes because you think for one minute you have good taste in woman's clothing. Well, perhaps you might if you are a cross dresser, but all in all, believe me, she'll smile and say its beautiful while choking back tears and mumbling under her breath, "where the hell would I ever wear this outfit without being arrested for bad taste?" An additional hint, plaids do not go with stripes (even though you think your golfing outfit looks just fine). Its a known fact to the rest of the world that that is a taboo. In the Northeast, that's like wearing white after Labor Day. And whatever you do, don't buy her clothes that are not the right size. If you buy them too small, your in trouble, if you buy them too big, your in double trouble. Go in her closet and find something she has worn in the last week, thats her size, everything else is too small or too big.<br /><br />9. Do not give her a gift certificate to Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers. Most men would know better, especially the ones who have learned the correct response to "do these pants make me look fat." If you are one of the poor souls who still doesn't get it and purchased a gift like this, be prepared for the silent treatment for a month. (Although that may be something you would actually look forward to.) A better alternative would be hiring a Chippendale dancer as a personal trainer to get her motivated into getting fit. She'll certainly get a workout stretching to the oldies while stuffing dollar bills in his g-string. I'm not sure, but I think that alone burns up 3,500 calories.<br /><br />10. Last but not least, never buy a woman anti-wrinkle cream, or a book on "How not to be nasty Sunday through Saturday." These are not considered gifts, they are considered reasons for seriously injuring the person who bought it and just may stand up in court of law.

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: The 10 Worst Gifts A Man Can Buy A Woman For The Holidays

Ladyfish, you could have posted this a month or so ago. It's too late to bring all this stuff back!! :rolleyes: :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

a new vacuum cleaner.<br />a new girdle.

NOSLEEP

Commander

A great big box of Tide. :D

Fly Rod

Commander

OOPS ! ! ! :confused: :confused: <br /><br />I just bought her one of them Ronco Rotisserries :rolleyes: :rolleyes: <br /><br />She probably will never use itanyway :) :)

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

9. Do not give her a gift certificate to Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers. Most men would know better, especially the ones who have learned the correct response to "do these pants make me look fat."
And remember guys. The correct answer is.....<br /><br />It's not the pants that make you look fat.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Don't buy a garage door opener. :rolleyes:

bay5884

Seaman

I think the moral is "don't buy a woman anything she NEEDS (weight watchers, etc), only what she WANTS (and can wear) but does not need. :D :D

aspeck

Staff member

If women were only as practical as men! Sure would make tool buying, er, uh, I mean, Christmas shopping, easier!

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I heard that a neighbor once bought his wife a set of new tires for HIS truck. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Even I know better than that! :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

odor eaters as a stocking stuffer.<br />depends undergarments.

one more cast

Captain

I just ask my honey "what is the worst gift I could get you" and she said...."A grave stone" :eek:

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

LadyFish, after reading all this do's and don't, i'm left totally confused and bewildered.<br />I just bought my wife a new trolling motor for my fishing boat, and being the sneaky one,i found out that she has bought me some kinda big stone to cut glass with... :confused: i ain't never had no need to cut glass before :confused: .

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Don't buy big bloomers with special made by Lexington Tent and Awning Co. on them. :D

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Crap, I thought I was done shopping. Now I gotta start all over again.<br /> :cool:

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

the "clapper"<br />chia pets.

LadyFish

Admiral

Elmer, the trolling motor is "a good thing". As far as the glass cutter LMAO, well I certainly don't want to ruin her surprise. :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I agree... "trolling motor" is a good thing. Even more tackle for the tackle box. More the better is what I say. ;)