Ice is out!

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer
Finally, no more ice anywhere except the cooler! Water temp 38.Got two brookies today.Still makes me shake. When youre on the water its all about... time.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Ice is out!

We had ICE OUT last week! :D It is a good feeling to see open water.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Most of the ice around here went away about a month early. It also froze late and only got thick enough to venture out come January. When I moved here twelve years ago, I drove the entire length of the lake knowing it was a good two feet thick plus. Nowadays you dare not make that trip for fear of thin spots under a half a foot. We haven't had two foot ice for at least half a dozen years now. Not even close.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Make up for lost time, my friend. Catch em up. :)

Bondo

Staff member

burnham maine

All Righty,......... Welcome Aboard fellow Maineiac,.......

I was born,+ raised in Old Town,+ still have a lodge at Chemo Pond in Clifton........

I remember the days of trying to Find open water for the Opening Day of the new Fishing Season.......

studlymandingo

Commander

Ice??? In the water??? 38 degree water temp???:eek:

Brrrrr!

I was in Boston for the Nor'easter a few weeks ago; I couldn't imagine being out on the water! I was in Marshfield by the water and there were a couple of people boating the Friday before the storm hit!​

Fly Rod

Commander

Bond-O

Where did ya take your Saturday night baths, in the Sunkaze or the Pubnobscott??

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer

Hey bondo,good to here from ya.Yeah waters real high cause of the rain. Still in the 30s at night,not quite warm but better than -20.getting real close to re-launch!

Bondo

Staff member

Bond-O

Where did ya take your Saturday night baths, in the Sunkaze or the Pubnobscott??

Ayuh,....... If I was Home,..... The Penobby was closer........

But, when I was fortunate enough to be visiting Uncle Harold,+ Aunt Aldana,.....
Sunkhaze Stream was just outside the door most of the year........
About this time of year,.... Ya didn't even have to go Outside though............:D

Ayuh,....... Those were the days,.......... Baked Beans,+ Cinnamon Rolls,+ Roasted "Rice's" Hotdogs stuffed with Cheese for Suppa,........
Then a Nice Hot Bath.........

Never knew what a Shower was til I got to High School.............;)

eh,... Bouttime,....... Just Curious,...... Why the 007,..??....

gonefishie

Commander

Finally, no more ice anywhere except the cooler! Water temp 38.Got two brookies today.Still makes me shake. When youre on the water its all about... time.

You poor soul..! There's no way I could wait until late April early May for ice out, early March is about all I can take.

studlymandingo said:
Ice??? In the water??? 38 degree water temp???

Brrrrr!

I was in Boston for the Nor'easter a few weeks ago; I couldn't imagine being out on the water! I was in Marshfield by the water and there were a couple of people boating the Friday before the storm

It ain't that bad if you wear the proper clothing, the only bad part is that it's hard as heck to catch fish in 38 degree water.

bouttime007

Chief Petty Officer

Not much but trout(brownies,brookies)cruising the lake as of yet.I gotta do a decarb and replace my bilge and a few other things before Im ready to head back out.The 007 was the # of my dirt track car and the first 3 #s of my social-plus Im a james bond fan.Waiting for 50 deg. water temp! Wicked bronzebacks, wicked.

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

And here I thought you were having trouble with the dispenser in your freezer door...