Not During but After

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Down at the shop were I work out of, my boss had a big dumpster delivered. It was placed at the corner of the building by the street. There is a side street that intersects with the one with the dumpster.

Aftet the dumpster had been sitting there for 5 weeks, a police officer stopped and demanded that the dumpster be moved. He said it was blocking the view of oncoming traffic and that he almost got hit.

Two days AFTER the dumpster was removed, the same policeman pulled out in front of a semi truck. I think that the dumpster really didn't have anything to do with the view of oncoming traffic. Between the cell phone, in car computer, 2way radio, and laptop,,,,,,I just wonder if he was even watching the road.

SuperNova

Lieutenant
Re: Not During but After

I just had to help with an investigation into an officer who had an accident. He ran into some old guy's car and killed the poor old guy. The officer tried to blame the old guy. We pulled the SRS box and found the officer was doing 58 in a 25. Not on an emergency call and out of his jurisdiction to boot. The fine officer is now up on charges.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

They now put so much carp in the car which requires the driver's attention that it makes my better-half toolin down the interstate yakkin on a cel phone look like an attentive driver!
And with all that gear, the officer has to be a bruised mess even after a 20MPH impact.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's why they need a EWO (Electronic Warfare Officer) in the shotgun seat.