Prince Harry

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
I'm sure you are aware that England's Prince Harry is due deploy to Iraq in coming weeks. Should he or shouldn't he?

My opinion is that he would certainly become the highest valued target for all opposing factions, inviting immense danger to his comrades. While I applaud his desire to be shown no favorable treatment, his presence on the front line brings extreme peril to the fellow soldiers that he wants so badly to support.

Wutcha think?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Prince Harry

I agree..... he can be a key target.

There are Brit's stationed in other places..... I would send him elsewhere.

treedancer

Commander

I would deploy him for a few months,keep him on the move constantly, don't tell any Iraq leadership of any kind.

I believe it would give there troops a boost, and show some leadership on there side.

Skinnywater

Commander

They can use him for bait.

Hmmm, better yet, draft Rumsfeld and deploy him to a frontline unit.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Nope.. He will be a high-priority target, in the same way that tojo was a high priority target in WWII.
Stay home, dude.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What Harry does will reflect who the British are and whether they can be terrorized.

British Kings and Princes were in the front lines of their wars for hundreds of years. Some died there. In my view, Harry can carry on (revive?) one of the UK's proudest traditions.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Especially after the British Navy surrender incident......;)
If Harry got killed over there, he would become a martyr......
It would not be in AQ's best interest for that to happen.......​

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Noblesse oblige.
There is some old viking blood in that royal house

jimlad

Chief Petty Officer

What Harry does will reflect who the British are and whether they can be terrorized.

British Kings and Princes were in the front lines of their wars for hundreds of years. Some died there. In my view, Harry can carry on (revive?) one of the UK's proudest traditions.

I AGREE JB:)

treedancer

Commander

Looks like Harry is showing that he has a pair.

<<Harry, a 22-year-old second lieutenant, is a tank commander trained to lead a 12-man team in four armored reconnaissance vehicles. If deployed, he would become the first royal to serve in a war zone since his uncle, Prince Andrew, flew as a helicopter pilot in Britain's conflict with Argentina over the Fakland Islands in 1982.>>

<<But he has said he is serious about an army career. After graduating from the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst last year, Harry insisted on an opportunity to serve in the armed forces.>>

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070430/ap_on_re_eu/prince_harry_iraq