Senate Vote

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Senate Vote

I cannot think of a worse message to send.

Jinx

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

If the Dems succeed in forcing the pull out, with who does the responsibility lie for the fallout/aftermath??

rogerwa

Commander

A conspiracy theorist might speculate that pulling out a sufficient time before the election to allow it to become an absolute disaster and then to blame it on the repubs. See the surge didn't work. The media will be more than willing to oblige in floating that position.

I don't even think it takes a conspiracy theorist to rationally beleive this.

I think we should have senate hearings to investigate whether Senator Reid has aided an abetted our enemies.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I've said it before. I know many do not agree. But there is absolutely no explanation for this besides EVIL. For those of you on the secular left, that is a Biblical term for bad things that eminate from the Devil. When a party wants power so bad that they resort to this kind of thing, there is no other explanation. As misguided as the Left are, they are not stupid, but yet this is a stupid move.

One has to ask why. And while you are at it, you need to ask why Nancy Pelosi does not bother to meet with the General in charge of operations in Iraq. She goes and meets with all of our adversaries and will not listen to the reports of the man in charge of operations?

Dots, I say. They are screaming for you all to listen.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I've said it before. I know many do not agree. But there is absolutely no explanation for this besides EVIL. For those of you on the secular left, that is a Biblical term for bad things that eminate from the Devil. When a party wants power so bad that they resort to this kind of thing, there is no other explanation. As misguided as the Left are, they are not stupid, but yet this is a stupid move.

One has to ask why. And while you are at it, you need to ask why Nancy Pelosi does not bother to meet with the General in charge of operations in Iraq. She goes and meets with all of our adversaries and will not listen to the reports of the man in charge of operations?

Dots, I say. They are screaming for you all to listen.

Not exactly true Boom. In order to garner votes/power those competing will jump on the bandwagon carrying the most votes. The war in Iraq, for whatever reason is perceived as a can't win/never should have started war. That bandwagon is loaded with votes, hence the stance.

PW2

Commander

Hooray for the Dems. Finally showing some intestinal fortitude!
Let's hope they hold their ground with their newfound backbone, and don't buckle in the delusional process of trying to win an unwinnable civil war.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think that vote was for the media.

If they thought there was a chance that my President would sign it I think many would have voted differently.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I think that vote was for the media.

If they thought there was a chance that my President would sign it I think many would have voted differently.

Again, publics concept. We'll pull our troops out of Iraq (skrew the consequences:confused:)....................vote for us.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Quote PW,

Let's hope they hold their ground with their newfound backbone, and don't buckle in the delusional process of trying to win an unwinnable civil war.

Why then are the democrats (who are supporting the troops. Whose, we don't know?) waiting until tuesday to present this to the president? They are out of money now. Where is their concern for our troops? You may remember the troops, those terroristic, nazi's per certain democrats.

Why, why would anyone present a bill to the president that they know he won't sign and have zero opportunity of an overide if they were REALLY concerned for the troops?

I think American public sent the Republicans a message in 2006. God sent Lil' Nancy and Harry Reid to make sure that this was a short term lesson.

PW2

Commander

Quote PW,

Why then are the democrats (who are supporting the troops. Whose, we don't know?) waiting until tuesday to present this to the president? They are out of money now. Where is their concern for our troops? You may remember the troops, those terroristic, nazi's per certain democrats.

Why, why would anyone present a bill to the president that they know he won't sign and have zero opportunity of an overide if they were REALLY concerned for the troops?

I don't understand your point at all, Pointer>

The congress has sent a bill that fully supports the troops. All the President has to do is sign it. If he doesn't sign it, who then is not supporting the troops?

Now if we were really serious about imperialism and empire building, we'd reinstitute a draft in order to send in 1/2 million or more troops, declare Marshall Law, instill the government of our choosing, take over the oil assets, disarm all of the militias, both Shia and Sunni, and stabilize the country. Who would stop us? Now that is something I could understand. Not agree with, perhaps, but at least understand.

These half hearted measures like a 20k troop "surge", where we even have to extend tours, and extend new deployment orders to guard units that aren't ready, just to put more Americans into the line of fire on a mission that can't possibly succeed without the the full cooperation of the Iraqi government, who up till now have shown little willingness, and less ability to cooperate, just simply makes no sense, especially when there is a real threat we do face.

And in so doing we are "supporting" the troops? Get real! It's a foolish plan that borders on the criminal.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Fully supports the troops PW?

20 billion in pork. How exactly does that support the troops? Surrender dates? How does that support the troops? Only liberals would try to legislate the direction of a war in direct contridiction to those who are actully prosecuting it. Witholding sending it to the President for a political photo op, while the military is scrambling around trying to find resourses by defunding and then in turn will have to re-fund (that is costly, but hey who prints the money?) programs to keep our troops with the necessary supplies for TODAY'S battles? Supporting the troops? Sending a bill containing the one thing that the president said he couldn't live with therefor ensuring it's nonpassage? This isn't supporting our troops, it is contempt for the troops. It is using our troops a levers in a political game that will cost lives, the lives they claim to care about, not... And it is consistant with those who cheer and support the enemy in their words, actions, and thoughts. Just another group of liberals in suits spitting on our troops. They make me more disgusted with each passing day.

Backbone? If this is what passes for backbone in peoples minds, we got real problems.

PW2

Commander

OK, Pointer.

I'm not too thrilled with the pork either, but pork has never stopped this president from signing anything before. Why start now?

We've made virtually no progress in this war so far, in the four years the pres has had everything he wanted. We are losing 100 Americans a month, with no end in sight. Our military is stretched too thin now, and we have no realistic way of keeping this up for very long. At 100 dead American soldiers a month, how many months do you expect to keep this up? 12 months? 24 months? Longer?

Elections have consequences, and this madness has to stop at some point.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

PW2,

Now you sound like a sound bite. Pork, well I guess there isn't a new way of doing things in the congress. Liberal waste and spending tied onto the backs of our fighting men. Typical. But for you to defend it, surprising. What word was conveniently comming out of liberals mouths all last election? Oh yea, accountability. Pork sandwich anyone?

Kind of tough to believe the party that calls our troops Nazis, and terrorists really has the best interest of the troops in mind. Or any concern whatsoever. Withholding presenting the president with the bill until the best time politically for Lil Nancy and Dingy Harry to make political hay, please explain again how that serves the troops? I guess the new tone in congress is worse than the old. A bill dead on arrival with how many dying each month PW2? This helps them how? I don't know anyone who voted for this type of BS. FYI, the Nazi's in WWII never wiped out 18 acres of Manhattan. The soviets never so much as threw a stone at the pentagon. What has the new congress done to make us safer in the face of terrorism? Have they secured the ports? The boarder? Increased intellegence? Or have they made fools of themselves pretending to be a President while hangin with the enemy?

The actions and legacy of the clowns in charge of congress is too much for even an ardent liberal to justify. I feel sorry for those who try.

Dingy Harry, "we have lost the war." Who won??????

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

OK, Pointer.

I'm not too thrilled with the pork either, but pork has never stopped this president from signing anything before. Why start now?

We've made virtually no progress in this war so far, in the four years the pres has had everything he wanted. We are losing 100 Americans a month, with no end in sight. Our military is stretched too thin now, and we have no realistic way of keeping this up for very long. At 100 dead American soldiers a month, how many months do you expect to keep this up? 12 months? 24 months? Longer?

Elections have consequences, and this madness has to stop at some point.
So are you saying that you support the timeline PW? Just a bit bothered by the "pork" for peanuts to get a few Senators votes? So when the President Veto's the bill he's against the Vets as well, cause ya know the dems put $ in the bill for vets ?
I say the dems are a bunch of vote hungery, Damn the troops and vets, pigasses. If they gave a ratsass about the troops they would send a clean bill that said just that.
But lil nancy and dingy harry would rather bash the President than do what is NEEDED for the troops.​

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

How can we surrender when we've already won? It's time to get out. There is nothing more we can do there to change things short of mass genocide.

mission-accomplished.jpg

PW2

Commander

So are you saying that you support the timeline PW? Just a bit bothered by the "pork" for peanuts to get a few Senators votes? So when the President Veto's the bill he's against the Vets as well, cause ya know the dems put $ in the bill for vets ?
I say the dems are a bunch of vote hungery, Damn the troops and vets, pigasses. If they gave a ratsass about the troops they would send a clean bill that said just that.
But lil nancy and dingy harry would rather bash the President than do what is NEEDED for the troops.​

If they rubber-stamped a bill the President wanted, they would be thumbing their noses at why I cast my vote for them. If they won't follow what the voters like me want, then I will work like crazy to find representatives that will. That is how a representative democracy works.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

How can we surrender when we've already won? It's time to get out. There is nothing more we can do there to change things short of mass genocide.

mission-accomplished.jpg

From this:
77863527.26mgtMVT.vstory_bush_banner_afp.jpg

To this:
77863520.N2Sqz6xk.defeataccomplished.jpg

This is the price paid for placing the nation's fate in the hands of liberals.
And you guys got all bent outta shape when I called them "traitors" ?!!?!?!
Chile,please!