does not sound too appealing

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I noticed at the top of the iboats DC page, this advertisement appeared, "sell your boat for less." It just does not sound all that appealing to me. :)

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: does not sound too appealing

I noticed at the top of the iboats DC page, this advertisement appeared, "sell your boat for less." It just does not sound all that appealing to me. :)

I'm not surprised. But "sell your boat for inflated fees and then have that money redistributed for social boat programs and to those boaters who have somehow been disenfranchised by someone at some time" wouldn't really fit in the space allotted...;)

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Hey! You bashin' iboats.........:mad: :p

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hey! You bashin' iboats.........:mad: :p

No, not at all. It just sounds funny to think I would get help to "sell my boat for less." If I decide to sell my boat, I would like to get all I could for it.

I know this is not the intent of iboats, it just sounds this way as it is written.

ob

Admiral

Considering the type of business iboats is and taking into account that a perspective seller of a boat may repond to the ad ,I really don't see any confusion that would be interpreted literally and discourage busineess.Sorta like if I was to visit a realtor ad that read "sell your house for less." Perhaps if it read,"Our boat seller fees are less."But then,I personally read it fine as is.I mean it even clearly reads under the caption Less Time,Less Money,Less Hastle.Maybe I'm just a deep reader.