Has anyone else been as foolish....

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Re: Has anyone else been as foolish....

Hmmmm? I knew that Perfection was an exotic paint, but I just didn't know that you could thin it wirh bourbon.;)

Ohh not the paint Boom my blood, it lower's the boiling point ya know..:D Not as nasty as Acetone either..........:eek:

Kenneth Brown

Captain

We bought the painter that you have about a month ago. It works just fine with latex, thats all I have ran through it. I sprayed the entire house flat white as a primer coat over the new mudwork/drywall. After that cured a day or so we rolled the semigloss on and brushed the doors and trim. Painting the upper part of a 2 story stairwell on a 2X10 thats sitting on a ladder is just loads of fun.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Boomyal's finally back on line with his computer center, B4 & after pics.

Boomyal's finally back on line with his computer center, B4 & after pics.

Woopee! No more laptop. Finally got the computer center back up and running last night. With as much stuff as I have here, it took a couple of hours, down on my back and knees, to clean everything up, tiewrap up all the loose tangle of wires and re-figure where everything plugs in.

Refinishing the Kitchen, this living/dining area and the vaulted entryway was a 10 day ordeal. I finally had to call in help on Saturday, to finish rolling the walls. There were two painters that took 4.5 hours just to roll the ceilings and walls in the living room and entryway. I had already rolled the accent color you see in the computer area.

We absolutely had to get the living room back in order so we could remove all it's contents that we had stuffed in my sons bedroom. You couldn't even walk in his room and he is due home from college today.

Anyway, there is much more to go throughout the rest of the house but at least all the communal areas are finally finished and they are done right. The old white paint did not look too bad in the before picture, but it had darkened, yellowed and bit and had mottled shadowy areas in it.

DSCF0631-resized.jpg

DSCF0634.jpg

Last edited:

Scooby

Seaman

I have that same sprayer, it makes quick time out of a paint job and drinks the paint down fast. I tried to use it inside but the overspray and kickback spray just killed it. I am going to use for the outside of the house, I think it will be good for that and a fence/deck, just not that suited for indoors. Clean up is a chore but not too bad for a big job, go to www.gleempaint.com for spare parts. (they sell a handle swivel there that is a must have)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Quite a ?liberal? use of color there Boom. ;);):D BTW looks GR8.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Quite a ?liberal? use of color there Boom. ;);):D BTW looks GR8.

Oh heck LT, if only I'da realized that earlier.:p Thanks for the compliment. We also did the bay (window area) at the opposite end of the room. It makes it all so much cozier.

DSCF0635-R.jpg

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I have that same sprayer, it makes quick time out of a paint job and drinks the paint down fast. I tried to use it inside but the overspray and kickback spray just killed it. I am going to use for the outside of the house, I think it will be good for that and a fence/deck, just not that suited for indoors. Clean up is a chore but not too bad for a big job, go to www.gleempaint.com for spare parts. (they sell a handle swivel there that is a must have)

Thanks on the swivel Scooby. You are right, that is a must have. I think I'll get one for each end of the hose. I also got a 311 nozzle to use with the enamel. It will throw less paint (finer spray) and do it in a narrower pattern than the 413 that came with the gun.

As far as throwing the paint around, I was only doing the moldings and window casings. Although I did get some 'bounce back' on me, I thought that it was very tolerable for use in the house. Now if I'd been using latex on the walls and ceilings, I could see how that would have been a different story.