To the administraters of this board

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Just an idea, but it strikes me that a lot of the querys on this great board are repeats of previously answered ones - like "what prop do I need" or "has anyone got the model number for.....".<br />I wonder if there could be a seperate title on this board for new folk to visit prior to the other topics where we could keep inportant info such as the internet address for prop info and such like.<br />This would also be of great importance to myself as I often search back to find some sites or advice.<br />What do you say eh...<br />Just an idea<br />Ross

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: To the administraters of this board

There is a PROP link on the board ... right on the page your reading. I agree that the questions seem to be asked all the time (just the names have been changed to protect the innocent :) )However.... let's admit the truth. Men (myself included) don't or rarely read directions. That is why there are cross posts and posts in the wrong forums. I agree somewhat with Ross J but it would not change anything.<br /><br />The greatest part of this board (my take on it) is the willingness to assist and the wealth of knowledge. JB Cornwell posted a great topic for people posting questions and it is located in the ENGINES AND MOTORS (http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=009035 forum. Maybe the Admin will post JB's suggestions on the top of each forum but again people don't read road signs that's why the u-turn is so refined. I also agree with 12Footer to possibly create a SWAP/SELL/TRADE Forum but I would add that type forum have a 30 lifespan only. That would create a current only forum.<br /><br />Really, sitting out here in the cyberworld we are (me too) guilty of spending other people's money quite freely. If this can be done without creating havoc for Admin then great otherwise uhhhh oh "if it ain't broke....." :D <br /><br />Bob

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Point taken, I think this board is the best I've found. Mearly a thought<br />Ross

crab bait

Captain

i'm with you ross on both accounts.. bob vt ,, ican't find " PROP " i see " PROPS" tho...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Got me Crab Bait :rolleyes: it does say Props!<br /><br />Bob :D