Has anyone seen "Lord of the rings"

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: Has anyone seen "Lord of the rings"

ya know, i should probably procrastinate on this one, but i hadda say - goferit if it will incline the family to be more cooperative.<br />i haven't seen it, don't plan on seein it anytime soon. but then i avoid the latest hype on stuff anyhow. i guess its all according to how much pressure you're getting :D <br />if it were something other than witchcraft(even in jest) i'd probably be up for it.

petryshyn

Commander

How much are movie theaters charging down there? We're up to $12.50!!

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I've seen it - fantastic! Great special effects and a story plot like something out of Indiana Jones. Lots of action and you certainly won't be bored. I don't think you will have seen anything like it - I sure hadn't.<br /><br />It was filmed in NZ and is an NZ production. (You'll get to see a lot of our countryside too).<br /><br /> :D

PurpleDragon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I actually didn't *want* to see it, because I was afraid that I'd be justified in thinking that a movie is NEVER as good as the book. To a large extent, I still believe that.<br /><br />However... A buddy got free tickets for the movie on opening night - and took me with him... I gotta say... It seemed to follow the book very well. And I left the theater pleased with the movie. After 3 hours of movie, though - it ends, and you realize right then, that the story hasn't ended... I think 2 more to follow.<br /><br />Early matinee here is $4.50, prime-time... I dunno... Been over 10 years since I've seen (correct that... since I've PAID for) a movie at prime time, and I'm sure prices have risen.<br /><br />Rex S.

crab bait

Captain

i'm with KIWI .. IT'S REALLY AWLSOME !! a little indy jones , a little wizard of oz ,, but only alot different .. i seen it twice so far an that don't happen much at all.. there's actually 3 move series.. an they are actually already made/filmed.. aready '' in the can''. to be released when need be ... SCHEM,,,, YOU GOT TO SEE IT ON THE BIG SRCEEN ,,DON'T WAIT FOR VIDEO.. since there's 3 of them,, you're gonna see 'um anyway,, you mite a well see 'um..

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Crab Bait describes Lord of the Rings very well ( Indy Jones and Wizard of Oz....only a lot more and a lot different).<br /><br />He's right - you must definitely see it on the big screen to get the full benefit of the cinematography and special effects. Better than anything I've seen before.<br /><br />I've only seen it once though... & looking forward to the next release.

wippb

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ditto the big screen thing<br />Excellent movie and follows the book well. Kinda helps to be a Tolkien fan.

martyscher

Petty Officer 1st Class

We saw this waste of money a month or so after it was released, so the Tolkein fans have already wowed over it plenty and moved on. <br /><br />This was the only movie my wife and I remember seeing, that the audience was actually grumbling at the end.<br /><br />My thoughts:<br /><br />I found myself becoming religous as I prayed for this marthon to be over. Good thing I did not drink beer beforehand. One of the characters took about 10 minutes to die. The special effects are dazzling, but common in almost every movie today.<br /><br />I found myself continually saying, "oh look, another monster attack"<br /><br />I have never attended a movie that just "stopped", with the characters all standing around with blank looks on their faces. I understand the producers wanting to cash in on sequels, but at least with movies like the star wars episodes, there was some type of "mini ending" written to make the movie complete to a point.<br /><br />I'm sure the Tolkein books are great, but this movie was not.

petryshyn

Commander

Thanks Everyone!!<br />With such a wide variety of opinions, I'll be seeing it on the biggest screen this weekend. Can you believe it costs $12.50 admission, $8.00 for popcorn and a coke! (per person!) It costs more for a litre of coke than a litre of premium 2-stroke oil!

ebbtide176

Commander

i wanna say - "then bring your frozen a$$ down here to get a better price!"... <br />but, then we couldn't all be jealous to hear of the salmon catches and great outdoors of canada.<br />oh well, you know it will be worth the $$$ if it pleases the upper mgmt of your castle ;)

crab bait

Captain

EBBTIDE :: ilmao stop it,, i can't breath !! $ 41.00 dollars to see some big hairy footed munchkins runnin' around with some old wizard WITH A STUPID EVIL RING AROUND HIS NECK... $ 41.00 DOLLARS !!!! THE HECK WITH THAT MOVIE !! STAY HOME AN WATCH FISHIN' SHOWS... $ 41.00 !!! aleast go alone... $ 20.50...

petryshyn

Commander

We must always remember...and never forget.....<br /><br />"If MOMA ain't happy, ain't nooooobody happy!!!<br /><br />(momma wants to see da show...) :(

PurpleDragon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You got that right Schematic!<br /><br />Take her out on a date, hopefully away from your kids (if you have any) and enjoy your night out. <br /><br />I'm married, 3 kids... and our "together time" is very scarce - so we take it when we can get it. I'd suggest the same to anyone else - it helps keep the relationship alive. (grin)<br /><br />Rex S.

petryshyn

Commander

well, I saw it last night....<br /><br />During the duration of the 3 hours, I agreed with each and every one of you at one time or another.<br />My take is: <br />>nice scenery and sound(gotta see it on the big screen)<br />>average effects<br />>decent story<br />>1/2 hour too long<br /><br />thanks guys.....<br />Moma's happy, so I'm happy!! :D

crab bait

Captain

WHOOOOOOO !! GLAD MOMMA'S HAPPY !! WE WERE ALL HOLDIN' OUR BREATH !! seriously,, glad you's enjoyed it...