filling crack in sheetrock

ebbtide176

Commander
yo ho HO maties! this is NTDWB, so i thought i'd ck with you on this situation... :D <br />i've got to paint some rooms at home and want to do something about a crack above a hall entrance. (if i get done on time, i'm going fishin)<br />the crack appears to be a 'house settling' type symptom, but it seems to be too thin to use plaster, thought superglue would be too shiny for flat latex finish. anybody fixed one of these b4?

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: filling crack in sheetrock

well, i left out caulk, but i've used it before, and i thought i'd need something thinner, to seep in. i ended up using carpenter glue, and it appears to be ok. i'll know later this afternoon.

ehenry

Commander

Ebbtide, go get some DAP compound....it comes in small tubes and will fill any crack from hairline to gaping hole.

crab bait

Captain

if you really gotta go fishin' in a major way an don't have time to mess 'round use the '' iam movin' OUT an want my security deposit back trick '' TOOTHPASTE BROTHER TOOTHPASTE...

ebbtide176

Commander

crab - rotflmao<br />i will be staying here awhile, i hope.<br />but the DAP must b the same stuff i was looking for in amongst the piles of junk in my garage, because i used to have some stuff in a squeeze tube that seemed to be ez'r to cram inna little crack. good to know that's the stuff tho, i'll get some more next time over to homedepot.