Warhorse

Waco

Petty Officer 2nd Class
(sorry to post private message here guys) Warhorse, to answer your question about going to Rays Mill Pond, the answer is YES. I like to go pretty often, in fact I dont live very far from there. Glad to here from someone else on the board that knows the place. Small world isn't it? Oh, and uh, yes I've been on Langdales property, both invited and sometimes not :D Hushpuppies..hmm had some last night...catfish..about a week ago...cheese grits?....often! :D

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: Warhorse

HA!! <br />I've fished & released a +7lbr off ole man Langdales Pond (used to throw VDTimes when in tech school)!!! small small world. i luvd S.GA. was down there 85-92, musta been on Rays Mill Pond 200x if not more,got lost on it 2x. its what-1x2mi of swamp? <br />knew an ole man,Callie Hightower, he'd let me follow him bream fishin after dark, and he musta been 70+ back then, yet he would run off and leave me & buddy -all of us paddling(3-4hrs)... and i used to help Lamar at the cafe move the crates of catfish onto his cleaning bench (he'd go over every single fish that got fried every day, even tho they came in cleaned already in big fruit crates packed in ice). <br />My parents still stop over in Adel so they can eat dinner at Ray's Cafe every trip from Chatt TN to Fla.<br />My pop mounted a 8.75 LGM bass outta that place. i've spent nights in that place, got so sleepy a couple times, i tied up my gheenue(spelling?) to a cypress tree, and slept in the boat. once had a 12v light on and a friggin jackfish piled in right behind me - hadda chk my undies with a stick! <br />didcha ever see the old abandoned home on the east side, right by the bank?

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ahhhhhhh, the good old days. Skulling the jon boat, cane poles, a few crickets, summer eveings, fireflies blinking in the dark, looking at the stars, talking about nothing important with folks we fondly remember, and always knowing there's a big gator lurking out there somewhere in the dark even though I never saw him. And the best food (quality and portion size) to be found. Glad to hear others appreciate the good things in life. ;)

ebbtide176

Commander

yep, very fond memories. i learned to use a baitcaster on that swamp... throwing a lure through those cypress trees was like learning to rollerskate in a china shop. :D <br />but you needed one to winch a fish outta the lilypads there.

Waco

Petty Officer 2nd Class

To bad the both of you are not around here anymore. We could all go enjoy some good eatin and good fishin. I'll think about yall next time I head that way.