Unfair Treatment of a Fishing Buddy

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Due to last Wednesday night, March 6th, one of my long time fishing buddy was shot twice in the chest killing him. Prior to this incident, 2 weeks prior, 4 black males ranging in age from 22 to 18 had been hanging around his house. On the 23rd of February someone had kicked in his back door, Police was called, report made, but nothing at that time was taken. Then again on Sunday while the family was away, their house was broken into again. Police called again and nothing was done about the suspects consistantly hanging around the house. Even neighbors had reported to the police about the 4 that was hanging around their house. Wendnesday afternoon about 4 pm, his house was broken into again through the basement window. Again nothing was taken, but evidence showed that they had pilfered through stuff. That night while the Family was home (daughter 22, a friend of hers 21, son 15, his wife, and himself 42) around 10:15, one of the men of the 4, kicked in the back kitchen door. My friend knowing something was going to happen had armed himself. He heard the door being kicked in and went to investigate with his gun drawen. He confronted the intruder at gun point, then the intruder went for his gun. My friend went to shoot him and his gun jammed and wouldn't fire. That is when the gunman shot him twice. The gunman left the house and then the four of them was last seen running up the street by their house. About 10 minuets later, the police pulled over a car that had matched the 4. One of the suspects (18 year old black male) had a handgun that had just recently been fired, missing two rounds in the clip, and had a ski mask. They charged him with carring a concealed weapon and let him go two days later. Now that the Ballistics have been completed, and the gun matches the bullets in my friends chest, they have a warrant for his arrest for murder. Guess What? Now they can't find the 4 men that was involved. DUH! How Stupid can they get!<br /> They did find out that they were after a gun collection that he had. However, he did not have them at his house, they were at another friends of his for cleaning and polishing. That is why nothing else was taken. <br /> My one post about "Busted with Beer", he was one of the buddies that was there. As a tribute to him, this season I will keep his rod in the rodholder with a bow tied around it.<br /> I try not to be racist, and try to treat any enthnic person the same way I would like to be treated. But when something like this happens, it makes me feel so angry due to their ability to have the lack of value for human life.<br /> About all I can say is that he should have used the shotgun instead that handgun, and he would probably still be with us today. Plus one low life eliminated from society!<br /> Thanks for listening to my sorry, all of the forum members here I consider as my friends. You all are great people from around the world, and you all have warm thoughtfull hearts of gold. Lets keep it that way! Thanks again....

fishhunter

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Unfair Treatment of a Fishing Buddy

I would like to extend my condolence to you and your buddies family SSMayfloat,it's a sad day when a good man loses his life for the greed of an ignorant bunch of cowards.My father was shot to death when i was 9, he was only 29.Shot by a coward that was never found,even tho it happened in a small bar, after some kind of confrontaion the man left and came back with a gun and shot him 5 times,i spose an ass whoopin was too much to bear for this coward. But the police never found a suspect and the people who were there all had different stories of what happend,and nobody knew the man who shot him.I imagine by now that man is dead or locked up for something else.I hope they catch those punks, and they rot in jail the rest of their lives. My condolence to you and his family again. I would like to hear how it turns out when they catch those thief's.<br /><br /><br /> Steve C.

PurpleDragon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

SS,<br /><br />I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your friend and feel for his family! Our thoughts will be with you & his family!<br /><br />I cannot think of a more fitting tribute than what you mention with the ribbon/pole.<br /><br />Rex S.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

First, my heart-fealt condolences! How very tragic,and indicative of our society. It wasn't the color, it was the upbringing, most likely. They were mutant thugs,plain and simple.And as to why the "police" handled this whole situation is by far, an even sadder report,because they handle ALL SUCH CASES IN THIER JURISTICTION! I for one, would move as far away from that place as possable. Being born and raised in Miami, I have seen things that make me shake my head today...It didn't even phaze me then! But I will never so much as drive-thru the "old hood" again...Too dang scarey!<br />And what puts the sad icing on the nasty cake of your story,is the jamming of your friend's weapon. I used to have 15 weapons. <br />I now only own one. It's an hierloom .38police spl revolver that belonged to my wife's grandfather. But it (being a revolver), can be counted-on to fire, whenever the trigger is pulled. The local law enforcement should have a class-action lawsuit levied against them,charging "Reckless Endangerent"..Seriously! And if I lived there, I'd find an out-of-town lawyer to take up the case on a 50% fee for winning, just to give him added incentive (not to say that any would be needed,but to insure the safety of the nieghborhood in the future).

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Very sorry about your Bud, Mayfloat. Not the first time I have heard or read of a citizen confronting a baddy with a gun and dying because something prevented him from firing it. <br /><br />Many believe that having a gun and "knowing how to use it" is security. Too often, as in your friends case, it is not security, it is fatal.<br /><br />Unless you have skill using it and the instantaneous will to kill someone with it, do not put a gun in your hand in the presence of evil. He has the skill and the will as well as being mentally prepared. Unless you are faster and more skilled you will be the one who dies.<br /><br />If you must have one, get good with your home protection weapon, and do not hesitate. Blow that scum AWAY! Otherwise do not try to be John Wayne.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

Pursuit2150

Chief Petty Officer

My condolances and prayers to all concerned!!<br /><br />Now without prolonging the issus,it sounds like a few "Amature Cops", just don't have a clue.

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi SS MAYFLOAT,<br />I'm sorry to hear the story of your friend. Its a sad day when one looses a friend and family member. I like your idea of the rod. I'd like to think someone did that for me one day!<br />Keep it up mate, and I'll be thinking of you this day.<br />Ross

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Thanks Guys it is greatly appreaciated. Just got back from the viewing today. So I was able to get better details of what happened. The ballistics "did not" match the weapon. That is why the the police released him. The police are working on the case asking allot of questions to everyone in the neighborhood. The boys have been identified and located. No arrests have been made as of yet. I think the boys would be in better hands with the police than in their neighborhood. There seemed to be allot of crazy family members there that I have never met, and boy ole boy! I think by the end of next week, those boys may seek the protection of the police! They also found out that there was some money hidden in the house, that is what they were after. The plan was for one of them to come into the house, make everyone get on the floor and to make them tell them where the money was. They just didn't plan on my friend having a 44 auto mag. It was brand new, never been fired. The first round didn't go off and when he was ejecting it out, the next shell caused it to jamb. Like 12 Footer said "revolvers never fail"<br /><br />I do have plans to move somewhere south in about 3 years from now. Wife likes north central Florida, but its just and idea for now. I'll update you later when I get more news. Thanks Again!

JB

You are out of line, Pursuit. If you have, or think you have better advice, give it.<br /><br />You have no call to take cheap shots.<br /><br />JB :mad:

petryshyn

Commander

Sorry SS.....Our thoughts are with you. When we fall victum to tragedy, its never easy and there is never any real answers. Maybe this sends a message to all of us. Enjoy your friends and family....while you can

Pursuit2150

Chief Petty Officer

J B GET A LIFE> I'VE BEEN IN LAW ENFORCEMENT LONG ENOUGH AND I CAN VOICE MY OPINION, & BASED ON THE 1st POST,I AM STILL CORRECT, "THE BULLETS MATCH THE GUN'.<br /><br />Now that MORE facts are out,they had cause to release the suspect.

JB

Perhaps you have been in law enforcement. Obviously not in personal combat or firearms training or in community relations.<br /><br />Your generalized comment about amatuer (that is how it is spelled) "cops" was a snide put down unworthy of any professional public servant.<br /><br />If you disagree, state your case. Don't claim your office as an excuse for street punk comments.<br /><br />You have always behaved like a gentleman on this site before, and I believe that is what you are. Your wise crack was unworthy of you.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

Pursuit2150

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry for the mis-spelled, word, It is "AMATEUR"!!!

JB

Hahaha. I guess my fingers were tangled. Thanks for the correction, Pursuit.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

D

DJ

SS.,<br /><br />What a terrible tragedy. My condolences to you and the family.<br /><br />Hopefully they will round up the perp's. and they'll get what they deserve.

ebbtide176

Commander

My deepest sympathy goes out to you SS, and to the family and friends of your bud.

singerjr

Petty Officer 1st Class

SS,<br /><br />My condolences, it’s all too familiar this type of violence seems to touch all of us at one point in our lives.<br /><br />All I can think of when something like this happens is that it’s just not fair. You live your life on the straight and narrow, never hurting anyone and than this!!! It happens all too often and It’s just not fair!!!