Official Olympic ROOTS beret

495v

Chief Petty Officer
I don't know if anyone's interested but I thought I would share with you. I'm sure you've heard the controversy over these as they've been sold out and are now commanding top dollars on ebay. I found a website to purchase them for cost($24.00) if anyone's interested. www.speedgear.com web page

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Official Olympic ROOTS beret

It always amazes and entertains me to watch people in the midst of a fad hysteria. I heard on the TV that someone sold one on the street in SL for $400!!<br /><br />One of my grandson's other grandparents paid over $200 for a "Tickle Me Elmo" doll a few years ago. Today they go for under $5 at garage sales.<br /><br />At least the Beret will maintain some souvenier and collector value in the future.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: Official Olympic ROOTS beret

lol JB! i think "fad hysteria" could make a good forum by itself. <br />495v i like the look of that beret. but i've got enough hats/caps to last a few lifetimes, as what else can people get you for christmas/birthday when they don't know what else to get? :D <br />here in GA it seems the little spot in the road called Cleveland ended up with a shoneys and couple of hotels a few years ago when Cabbage Patch dolls were hot. There is a little factory called the Cabbage Patch Hospital where kids get to see their little dolls "born". Just a month ago, my wife and mom-inlaw just had to get some kind of a teddybear put together for my daughter,and they thought it was a real bargain at @ $20 :rolleyes: <br />oh, well - i guess maybe in a few yrs i can recoup my investment in the leftover plastic "walking worms- proven to outproduce live bait by fishermen everywhere"!!! :mad: