Americans in NZ

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade
It's got to be said. We've never seen so many sports people here in En Zed from round the world.<br />There's - Tiger Woods, making friends wherever he goes with his Kiwi caddie. I believe he went to the stockcars tonight.<br />There's - Larry from Oracle - billionare with a bloody big boat - I know I saw the thing very close up at speed (scary to say the least), by the way he's reported to have broken a power cable to one of our islands and the locals have been using generators. $80,000 to repair the authorities say. <br />There's all the Americas Cup teams from all over the world.<br />There's all the Volvo round the world boats here on a stopover, again from all over the world.<br />Last but not least there's the USA stockcar team, they won their first meet in the last 5yrs.<br />It's good to be in Kiwi land.<br />Ross

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Americans in NZ

Yes, Ross...But it's only the rich Americans you'll see over there. All my life, I have dreamed of making the trip to the Eden down under, which I've only seen on the tube,and magazines.<br /><br />Oh well, we all have our dreams. I wish I could trade you vacations..You here in the Everglades and Thousand Islands,Key West and Lake Okeechobee.<br />Me, the caves on November Zulu. I let ya know if I get rich (see WD40 thread) :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ahoy, Ross. I visited NZ in the 50s for a couple of brief visits. I was radio operator for our Navy's Commander in Chief of the Pacific Fleet (CINCPAC), Admiral Felix Stump. (No, one doesn't make fun of an Admiral's name.) We visited Christchurch when he was there for bigshot conferences.<br /><br />I was enchanted by the country and charmed by the people. If, for some reason, I couldn't live in the USA I would certainly choose New Zealand. I would visit again, but, well, we grandparents can't stand to be too far from our li'l buddies for long.<br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

Ross J

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi, Ho, 12Footer,<br />I could be talked into trading holidays with you. If that helped me holiday in the USA and you here in Gods own then I'd be interested.<br />Make contact via e-mail <br />Jamiesor@hotmail.com<br />Ross.