Turning the page.

Grizzly

Petty Officer 2nd Class
O.K. I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so maybe some one will help me here. I enjoy reading the forum but I can't figure out how to get to the next page. Duh.. I select the last ten days and I get to the bottom,(about three day's worth)and I can see that there are two pages, but when I click 1 or 2 nothing happens. I know there must be somewhere to click but I cant find it. HELP!-G.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Turning the page.

Iboats is a little different from most other forums there. There is no need to select another page,as it places all replies on the same page. As far as reading back thru the threads, try setting it to read back 45days or longer.It only slows it down a little bit, but you should be able to click back in time then.<br />Just a guess, bt let us know if seting it for more days doesn't fix it.

PurpleDragon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Grizzly,<br /><br />Try logging out of iboats, closing your browser, open the browser back up, then logging back in. That may help.<br /><br />Rex

Grizzly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

12Footer and Rex Smith, Thanks guys, you got me going. Closing the browser seemed to do the trick. I like going back 45 days there is a lot of good stuff to choose from. I have one those Mercurys that is hard to start cold, then fires right up the rest of the day. With due respect to my Clymer's manual, this is some of the best information I have seen. AWESOME. I am out of work for a couple of months (rotator cuff surgery) and I intend to get the Mercury to act right. It's an 850 (73-75) rebuilt about 20 Hrs. So far I have replaced most of the wiring under the cowl, put a kit in the fuel pump, replaced the rectumfryer, I soldered new lead wires into the stator(cross my fingers, $300 for a new one). I cleaned the screens on the carburators and I took the starter apart, cleaned and had it tested. Now all I have to do is put it back together. Right? If I missed some thing please tell me. I put new gas lines and a new bulb in, but it doesn't have an inline filter. Would it go between the tank and the bulb, or the bulb and the motor. What? Oh yeah, this is NOTHING TO DO WITH BOATS. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for the help and have a great day! -G.

Rex

Chief Petty Officer

If you have not posted anything just hit<br />back and it well take you right back to it.<br />REX A.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Put the inline filter between the engine and the primer.If it's the black stator,they do that aot..Just get some heatshrink,solder the wires back,and heatshrink to insulate..Keep the battery as charged as possible wen you're out in te boat,as a low ,or bad battery (cell short) will cause it to overheat again. They seem to be abe to charge above the wire's capacity to handle it,but I dunno.<br />I just know they do that often.<br />I hope she goes first crank.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hi, there 12Footer. Talking to yourself again? :D <br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hi, there 12Footer. Talking to yourself again? :D <br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

Grizzly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks again, 12 Footer I'll let you know how it turns out. Glad to hear about the stator. It is the black one (2 leads, both to the rectifier). Do you fish for crappie in Florida? -G.