Needadrink - help with home page

wakatoa

Cadet
G'day in WA Needadrink. I visited your home page and was so impressed I decided to make one myself but now I'm stuck so I would appreciate some advice if you would please.<br /><br />I have got the homepage displayed but I can't put photos in the album did you have any trouble with it?<br /><br />How do you put stuff on your home page like pics and text?<br /><br />It might be a security problem because I'm doing it from a work computer and might have to wait until I get home in a few weeks.<br /><br />Thanks M8

needadrink

Seaman
Re: Needadrink - help with home page

G’day wakatoa<br />Thanks for the compliments; I’ll do my best to help.<br /><br />1. Photo’s<br /><br /> First I scanned the photos and saved them to my hard drive<br /> <br /> Then from the first page of Fishing Works click on the picture frame with the word photos on it<br /><br /> Then the page that comes up you will see is divided into 3<br /><br /> In the bottom right-hand box you will see the words in blue {Add a Photo to Your Album:} and 2 text boxes <br /><br /> First click in the box marked "Description" and type what you would like to describe the photo <br /><br /> Then in the one marked "Image File" you have to put the file address of the photo you have scanned to do this click the button marked "Browse" and find the file <br /><br /> Highlight the photo file then click open this will insert that file into the Image File box <br /><br /> Then click "Insert" Wallah! You should have a photo in your own album <br /><br />2. Pictures & text<br /><br /> To insert pic’s & text first open your home page<br /><br /> In the bottom left hand corner you see a box marked "Configure My Site"<br /><br /> Click on this box and you will find another page<br /><br /> On the left is a list of pages in your home page to right is a "Text Message for Page" box<br /><br /> Just click in this box and type to your harts content<br /><br /> Once you have finished typing scroll down to the box marked "My Photo", again you can put any file in by clicking on "Browse", if you want to add a graphic you must first save one from any site on the net that lets you down load them to your hard drive <br /><br /> Next scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Configuration"<br /><br /> You may then click "Back To My Site" or any of the buttons on the lift hand side to change your other pages <br /><br /><br />Hope this help you I’m not the best at giving instruction but let me know if you don’t understand anything and I will try to explain it a bit better.<br />Hope to see your home page soon.<br /><br />Call in the Fisherman’s Arm’s for a drink and a chat sometime.<br /> ;)

wakatoa

Cadet
Re: Needadrink - help with home page

Thanks for that Needadrink, I get a 'this page cannot be displayed' message when I go to configure so there must something wrong with the site so I will contact them.<br /><br />I see from your posts you are into crayfishing with pots, be interested to learn about your methods and types of pots I do it over here in NZ.<br />Will put some pics of my gear in homepage if I get it going but won't be till next year.<br />I just built 4 wood frame pots based on a commercial design so can't wait to get them wet in about 2 weeks.