Nothing to do with boats :)

TwoWatt

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just curious-since I know you all are very smart people and know their stuff. :rolleyes: (lol)<br />I have a leaf blower- runs on gas/oil mix. I used it for the last time today (thank god) and am curious if I have to "winterize" it or not? I let it run out of fuel so I know there isnt anymore fuel in the system.... Is it good to go for the winter or should I maybe add some oil in the cylinder? <br />Any tips are appreciated

petryshyn

Commander
Re: Nothing to do with boats :)

Hello TwoWatt<br />I'd use a fuel stabalizer additive, or 2-stroke oil that has it built in. I'd choke the engine while running(until it dies) Then drain the fuel tank. (no float bowl to worry about). Better off leaving small amount of fuel in carb to prevent diaphrams from drying up. Adding oil to cylinders is probably overkill, because cylinder is most likely chrome. The rings will be happpy just from the oil pulled in while choking...<br /> :)

Navigator

Chief Petty Officer

Or you could just attach a blow torch to the end of it and use all winter to melt the snow off of the car. Kind of like a 100 mph heat gun. :D <br /><br />Sorry, but here in Florida, "Winterizing" means switching to a Sunscreen with a lower SPF rating. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Nav :cool:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Go ahead, Nav. "RUB" it in. :D <br /><br />Red sky at night. . .<br />JB :)

needadrink

Seaman

I run my blower and lawnmower for 10 minutes every weekend just to keep everything moving. It seems to work for me.<br />Besides I can take a beer down the shed away from the boss in peace and quiet.<br /> :D