anyone got the over/under?

tpenfield

Staff member
I'm thinking (hoping) it would be under the 36 hours that has been stated. I guess tomorrow, I will spend more time on my work computer rather than forum surfing. :rolleyes:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hopefully all our pics and post don’t go poof !
Still being optimistic .. The glass is always half full .. God speed on the transition gentlemen!

So far in testing- No posters found on telephone poles - Have you seen my lost pictures. LOL

The team did a pretty good job recovering pics in posts and adding pics looks to be easier than ever. One bad thing, but it's not on us - Photobucket pics are still messed up! :smile:

One other nice thing - When a thread is started or a post is made, it shows what you just did instead of jumping to the top of the page or looking like the thread wasn't started. This alone should cut down on duplicate posts and threads.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
One bad thing, but it's not on us - Photobucket pics are still messed up! :smile:

my early threads have webshots photos that just simply disappeared when Hallmark got rid of it.

at least the photobucket pics are somewhat there even if they are holding all the pictures hostage.

tpenfield

Staff member
I am looking forward to all of the new features. Also hopeful that the pictures transfer well. For the past few years, I have been uploading pictures right to the post rather than referencing via a link.

I remember having to fix a bunch of image links a few years ago . . . I think I had over 500 links to fix. :rolleyes:

If the down time goes over the 24-36 hours, to more towards 56 hours, I think I may start having withdrawal symptoms. :)

Scott Danforth

Staff member
If the down time goes over the 24-36 hours, to more towards 56 hours, I think I may start having withdrawal symptoms. :)

we all will....... The admiral jokes that I spend more time on iBoats than with her....

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Tomorrow is 'our' anniversary (31 years) . . . So, I guess my Admiral gets a welcome 'break' from my normal distractions :)

if I remember, new doors to the house is what you get the admiral on the anniversary.....

GA_Boater

Tomorrow is 'our' anniversary (31 years) . . . So, I guess my Admiral gets a welcome 'break' from my normal distractions :)

Happy Anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. Penfield.

if I remember, new doors to the house is what you get the admiral on the anniversary.....

My Admiral had a rule - Nothing with a power cord. But Honey, the box says cordless didn't pass muster!

It's a good thing doors and jewelry have no cords. :encouragement:

Hey, one more thing that works is multi-quotes! There will be no more cutting and pasting to do multis like for this post.

tpenfield

Staff member
Happy Anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. Penfield.

My Admiral had a rule - Nothing with a power cord. But Honey, the box says cordless didn't pass muster!

It's a good thing doors and jewelry have no cords. :encouragement:

Hey, one more thing that works is multi-quotes! There will be no more cutting and pasting to do multis like for this post.

The doors will take some time, so instead I got her 48 pcs of 16 foot PVC Decking boards . . . in her preferred color of course. the truck dropped them off this morning :thumb:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
While the Penfields are celebrating and installing doors, I, too will be pretty bored. Hockey's over... iBoats will be MIA... I better find myself a good book.

tpenfield

Staff member
Just saw that the upgrades have been pushed out a week to Oct 7th :)

GA_Boater

Just saw that the upgrades have been pushed out a week to Oct 7th :)

Now you won't have time to wrap the decking for tomorrow and put a pretty bow on them. :sorry: Or order the doors. :D Better order some flowers. LOL

colonel_sanders

Administrator
Staff member
The schedule has been bumped up by a few hours tomorrow morning. We're aiming for 7am MST to shut off VB.

Scott Danforth

Staff member
The schedule has been bumped up by a few hours tomorrow morning. We're aiming for 7am MST to shut off VB.

good news.......

good luck

does xenforo allow us to manage the newbies coming in and posting the same topic in 5 different forums? that will help the mod's herd the kittens....