NFL Week 3 for Musky

aspeck

Staff member
Get your Pigskin Pick'em picks in ... week 3 starts tonight with the Facial Hair Faceoff: Gardner Minshew's mustache vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick's beard.

There are a lot of injuries this week, many stars out for the season with ACL tears ... lack of pre-season seems to be showing poor results.

Good luck with your picks and you fantasy leagues. Musky will be back sometime, unless he gets kidnapped ...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Is there an address to send donations for his ransom? I seem to remember the last time is was a party fund. But they let him go, must be too ornery! :laugh:

Now to pick the beard or the stashe! :confused:

GA_Boater

Last week Charger's QB Sunday Tyrod Taylor was scratched just before kickoff. The team said he aggravated an injury, cracked ribs, during warmups. His ribs were cracked in the 1st quarter of the Week 1 game against the Bengals and he played through the pain.

On Sunday the team doctor gave him a shot in the ribs and punctured his lung, which led to a quick hospital trip and the rookie Justin Herbert having a pretty good game against the Chiefs. What a way to get your first start.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Beard 7 - Stashe 0 halfway through the 1st quarter.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Stashe needs some help from the receivers..
At lunch listening on the radio ..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Still down by 2 scores ..
Need some Minshew Mustashe Magic ..

aspeck

Staff member
3 people forgot to pick, but scored the same number of correct picks as the other 7 of us did tonight!:facepalm:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
It’s like the game didn’t even happen ...Sorry ...:facepalm:
Our undrafted rookie running back Robinson has been a bright spot .. That was about the only bright spot ..

GA_Boater

Sam's homerism rubbed off on us! Dang you Sam. :laugh:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
3 people forgot to pick, but scored the same number of correct picks as the other 7 of us did tonight!:facepalm:

yeah I thought today was Thursday - I've been a day behind all week...

Why doesn't Washington have "football team' listed?

I'll give you one free guess to figure out one of my two weekly upset picks. The other one is the Raiders. Absolutely nothing statistical surrounding that - I'm a Raider Hater of course but the lingering aftertaste of Brady still tastes sour and Coach Throw Mamma From The Train is not my favorite either. Chucky I can at least give some Chucky cool factor points..

GA_Boater

Another Sunday when I can't watch the local news. Falcons are terrible!

Go Steelers!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
The piped in crowd noise is kinda annoying.....
I think it would be cool for a change just to hear the sounds from the field ..
No 8 sec delay though to catch the #([&£*+%*^...:yell:

GA_Boater

Some teams do the crowd noise well, others - Phhht. They do the 8 seconds even with no fans. Announcers have been known to slip up. :eek:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
we hold the record for stadium noise. Was it coincidence that was when my wife and I were at the game? I think not...

side note - the stadium was designed to echo. when you do the stadium tour you get to stand on the field and try it.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Good game thus far. No one on pregame picked us, we'll see. Off to bed to probably fall asleep in the third quarter.

Wing night for the game. Wife had me try a new recipe. It was the bomb.

4gjEJpK.jpg

gochujang
fresh grated ginger
fresh finely minced garlic (lots)
soy
sugar
oil

toasted sesame seed after coating.

only dipping sauce we used was more of the coating sauce.

night yall.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thanks Artemis! I was off the grid, literally for a few days. Ended up in Brimley MI next to the Soo locks. I received a Welcome to Canada text. Say what? I could only access Canadian towers! Forget the net, it was non existent, but the Canucks let me come home.

Gonna be a great season, Vikes are 0-3. Haven't looked at pigskin yet. I'm afraid, very afraid... lol