Dock Stix

dwco5051

Commander
They seem that they may work if all the stars are aligned. #1 - Boat deck and dock have to be close to the same distance above water line according to their ad.. #2 - May not reach the cleats on every dock. I know the cleats on the different docks I use around here don't seem to have a uniform spacing or have some missing and it requires different lengths of line to tie up. If I interpet the picture right they may not work if you have to go 5 or feet to catch the second cleat. Plus I am thrifty and probably have 15 to 20 extra fenders I have found over the years hanging in my shop.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
So many variables at work for any one thing to be the "magic bullet" of protection like that. Water is fluid :doh: and does rest...ever... So neither will your boat. And movement of any type spells bumping into the dock. You just hope the bumps are minor and don't leave a mark. JMHO

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
look at dock whips. much more friendly in tidal areas or if there is a bunch of boat traffic

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I have the same style for my pontoon, have withstood more than a couple big wind thunderstorms flawlessly. Once you get used to doing it you tie off just as fast as going just ropes.

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
I ordered a set of the Dockstix. Where I am at is a lake with very little water level fluctation. It is maintained at a constant level year round and I am tied to a floating dock. I will let you know how they work out.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If they had a spring or elastic cord inside they might be better to allow for tide or water fluctuations?

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I ordered a set of the Dockstix. Where I am at is a lake with very little water level fluctation. It is maintained at a constant level year round and I am tied to a floating dock. I will let you know how they work out.

So how are they working for you?

Harritwo

Chief Petty Officer
Just wanted to provide an update on the Dockstix. They would not work on my Searay due to the rake and curvature of the bow. If you have a Pontoon or something fairly square, I believe they would work great. With the location of my forward cleat, The lines werent long enough to be secure and keep the boat from banging the dock.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
The brand I bought were a little longer so you could trim down to make fit, they do work excellent on a pontoon.