2020 NFL/NCAAF News and Nonsense

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm sure Vegas has odds on COVID cases. They take bets on which a fly will turn after take off. LOL

These guys may not have it and were in contact with somebody who has it.

GA_Boater

Now it's Doug Pederson, Eagles head coach. He has tested positive.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Looking like the B1G and Pac12 are going to be sidelined this fall.

MRS

Commander
A little off topic but so far the PGA is doing it right maybe others should follow.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
A little off topic but so far the PGA is doing it right maybe others should follow.

It's sports, so all good. The thing with the PGA, they're spread out throughout the course, where most other sports are face to face. Hockey seems to be doing ok.

I know the B1G players and parents are frustrated about the postponement. Especially OSU and Iowa. They're petitioning. QB Fields, OSU and Hiesman favorite, started his own petition. Go figure. As of now the SEC, ACC and Big12 plan on starting the fall season.

I think this should be an NCAA decision, all or nothing. Individual players could opt out and individual schools within a conference, but not the whole conference.. Now some conferences play while others don't, I hate to say it, but they should all shutdown for now... At the NCAA level that would be the only choice they would have, imo ....

Last edited:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I want to see how NFL teams are going to keep all their 20 something players away from the clubs in big cities and small cities who now has a few inches of Benjamins in the pocket that hasn't had enough to buy a full meal from McDonalds since he was a child. How? Impossible, and then there are the male hormones in full rage. As far as masks being worn. In Ontario Canada it is now law anyone indoors must wear a mask at all times other than when taking a bite of food or a sip of a drink in the restaurants that are open.

The NFL is going to give it their best shot at putting games on but I really think it ain't happening. Too many people, too much travelling, too close to one another, too many too's. Will it take someone close to the team to die from Covid? A team employee perhaps, an assistant, or someone that is a high profile coach or player. I hope it doesn't happen, I pray no one else dies but my hopes and prayers aren't stopping the inevitable. Stats say it's going to happen to someone related closly to the game. Many more people will die before this nightmare is over.

Something of far less importance than getting Covid-19. The Canadian Football League, CFL, commissioner announced today that the CFL season for 2020 has been cancelled. The league requested a 30 million dollar loan slash grant from the feds, no how no way. It's been many, many years since any CFL team made a penny putting a CFL team on the field, only so many losses can be written off for other successful ventures team owners have. It's become a very expensive farm league for the NFL.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Farm league for the NFL, if that is what they CFL is attempting they are failing miserably, very few players year to year go from the CFL to the NFL.

GA_Boater

Is that for real? Does the NFL know what a whistle sounds like?

How many refs will shove it between their lips and blow? :lol:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
A few QB's from way back in the day as they say. Theisman, Moon, Flutie, Feragamo. Arguably Feragamo shouldn't be in the same sentence as those 3 but he came here to Montreal the year after he was QB1 for the L.A. Rams in the Super Bowl.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
414 rostered players in the CFL. 11 players went from the CFL to the NFL last year, some of those were not on active rosters for all 16 games.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Wonder how many times this same thing happened to normal every day people? Big batch of false positives.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
As of now, the SEC, ACC and BIG12 plan on starting this fall. The B1G and PAC12 have delayed until next spring. How is that going to work? How do you determine a National Champion. What about the playoff? Will the 2 conferences playing in spring be playing for nothing? Not sure how you can have 2 of the 5 major conferences sit and the other 3 play.

Not that I believe we'll have football this fall. Last I heard Bama has 1200 cases of the virus....