Drive in Movie on the Water

dwco5051

Commander
Just ran across this today and at first thought what a novel idea. Then the cynic in me starting thinking of all the things that could go wrong. Are these boats anchored and are the patrons ferried out to them? Where are the restrooms when the boats are only six feet apart? Having experience on the three rivers of Pittsburgh where are they going to do this and not be disturbed by commercial barge traffic? Eight people paying to be on a boat what are the requirements to comply with USCG or State regulation this this area is considered navigable waters and both have jurisdiction? https://www.wtae.com/article/a-floa...tanced-boats-is-coming-to-pittsburgh/33340114

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Unacceptable! I see no trunks to sneak in freeloading friends.

I don't see how any of the 3 rivers can be used. As DW said, the barge and recreational boater traffic will disrupt things and they can't block off the river to keep the freeloaders out. Unless the state will rent out Point State Park and float the boats in the fountain. LOL

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Can you bring your fishing gear in case the movie is no good ?
After reading who has backed the Walmart idea i will have to pass .. I have netflix ...

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Might work in a farm pond, if ya enjoy that aroma,......