Lake life loving it.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Moved in Thursday night. Was an awesome weekend had the many family members over all weekend. Wife and I got to enjoy the Sunday feeling when everybody packs up and goes home and we have peace and quiet again, actually got busy tinkering in the yard and mowing.

Attachments

• photo334152.jpg
    photo334152.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nice ! Those nice big windows must have a great view of the lake ! Congrats !

southkogs

Staff member
Looks great. Hope you get to face West and catch the sunsets.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Looks great. Hope you get to face West and catch the sunsets.

We face NE we get the sunrises, I am an early riser. I get up put the coffee on take the dogs out for a morning walk and get them fed, pour a cup and watch the sunrise. Kinda hard to get in the truck at 6:30 to drive to work. Wife is off till school starts so she gets to take it all in all day long. Stopped by the ranch on the way to work to grab some stuff, not going to miss it at all.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yeah we had guests all weekend as as much as we love having them, and can't wait to do it again, I told them this morning glad yall are leaving.

cptbill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Nice! I felt that way when we bought our cannel house, some times I have to remind myself this is not just a permanent vacation

ezbtr

Commander
So great when you make a BIG decision and it turns out so great! I felt JUST like that yesterday when I was cruising (100+ in a few spots) around our for the last 2.5 years town , gorgeous old houses, crops, fields, so beautiful, don't miss CA one bit!

DeepCMark58A

Commander
So great when you make a BIG decision and it turns out so great! I felt JUST like that yesterday when I was cruising (100+ in a few spots) around our for the last 2.5 years town , gorgeous old houses, crops, fields, so beautiful, don't miss CA one bit!

I am out in rural North Central Minnesota, closest town is 495 people. It is like stepping back in time 30 years the local grocery store has 1 cashier. The farm fields and rolling hills and vistas it is beautiful country. Getting home every night is so awesome, even getting there is pleasant once I get off the interstate.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I am out in rural North Central Minnesota, closest town is 495 people.
Envious......have a few more trips around the world before I think about hanging the "gone fishing" sign up permanently.

The "closet town is 495 people" is the big concern for us.

While we're moving to a water front home, its actually going to be somewhat of a down grade for us in number of ways.

Currently sitting on 30 acres in the Greater Suburban Baltimore/Washington area. We're 30 minutes from the Inner Harbor in Baltimore and 40 minutes from the White House in DC. We could go to a new concert venue, restaurant, museum, etc. every night of the week and still take years to run out of places to go.

Not that we actually do these things but it's an option should be choose to do so. Not sure how things will work out living in a "seasonal resort" setting full time.

Guess we'll find out sooner than later...lol

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Envious......have a few more trips around the world before I think about hanging the "gone fishing" sign up permanently.

The "closet town is 495 people" is the big concern for us.

While we're moving to a water front home, its actually going to be somewhat of a down grade for us in number of ways.

Currently sitting on 30 acres in the Greater Suburban Baltimore/Washington area. We're 30 minutes from the Inner Harbor in Baltimore and 40 minutes from the White House in DC. We could go to a new concert venue, restaurant, museum, etc. every night of the week and still take years to run out of places to go.

Not that we actually do these things but it's an option should be choose to do so. Not sure how things will work out living in a "seasonal resort" setting full time.

Guess we'll find out sooner than later...lol

I will not be going into the 694 494 loop around the Twin Cities ever again for a concert or night out, simply not safe. I lived in an unincorporated township before we moved to the lake we just moved a little further out to be closer to our grandson.

Rook66

Seaman
Very nice place. Don't be surprised when you come home one afternoon and find a party taking place on you're boat dock and people cooking out in your back yard. For some reason people tend to think that any place on the lake is public property. I could write a book on it.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Very nice place. Don't be surprised when you come home one afternoon and find a party taking place on you're boat dock and people cooking out in your back yard. For some reason people tend to think that any place on the lake is public property. I could write a book on it.

You mean like my inlaws?

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Best pontoon ride ever, after everybody leaves the kayaks and inflatables are put away and the house is back in order. Get to do it all over again next weekend.