Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

smoked meat / bbq

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so I took some of the leftovers which this batch was fairly smoky and used a mole (say that in spanish, not american) mix that we picked up at our local mexican grocery store (and 15 seat restaurant in the back it is awesome..... like sooooo much better than any americanized mexican joint we have everywhere) and let it rest for a bit while i fried up some tortilla chips.

Spread out over the salted chips, add a bit of shredded cheddar (tilamook only allowed in our house), and bake at 400 until just melted. Set on counter and add shredded cabbage, salsa verde, questo fresco and 'Dollops of Daisy' (sour cream). Cilantro.

I'm not one to do this type nachos I normally do just cheddar and jalepenos but this was prob the best i've ever had. The smokiness of the meat along with the mole (which I've never done before) was just simply amazing.

1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

Comment

oh man, this close to lunch you are killing me. I'm sitting at my desk dreading the crappy bag lunch I have this week too. That looks awesome

Comment

This weekend coming we are doing Canada day, Wifes B day and Cousins Wifes Bday combined. Last night i picked up a bunch of fire works. we are getting both smokers going.

A brisket will go in his egg.
        my bradly will handle the sides,

menu looks to be
        Brisket
        armadillo eggs
        smoked mac and cheese
        vinigar based slaw
        ice cream for dessert.

whats everyones plans for the holiday weekend (be it 1st or 4th lol)

Comment

Crap ton of family and friends coming, we only have one recliner and one loveseat left.

Thursday only two girls and the parents, we are doing a small size sub sandwich bar and cheese fondue.

Breakfast will be HEC burritos in the crock pot keeping warm so ready for them whenever they roll out of bed.

dinner will have another mom and a boy and a girl show up, plus an old over the hill friend that comes up most holidays to hang out with us kids (I'm 54). Burgers and corn from the grill.

Saturday brings another couple with two year old twins, Corey plus one, the boy plus one the Dugans with the devil child. Random ones expect a couple more. We will do BYOM, plus a couple tri tips for those that conveniently didn't notice BYOM. these folks go home after the fireworks and bonfire. Breakfast on this day will be my famous biscuits and gravy, again in the crock pot for whenever eating.

Sunday morning TBD depending on departure times

and on the fourth day he rested. Or went to work a12 hour shift to start a 60 hour week.

I bought five new flags for the fence line, I will get some pics. I think that puts me up to 20.
          Last edited by redneck joe; June 29th, 2020, 05:47 PM.
          1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

Comment

Originally posted by jebby View Post
            oh man, this close to lunch you are killing me. I'm sitting at my desk dreading the crappy bag lunch I have this week too. That looks awesome
            You can choose to bring a Dr appt bag lunch, or not. In the last week I have brought

grilled salmon and a fresh salad with long grain and wild rice
            Thick sliced strip steak with pickled red onion and dukes with fresh sliced tomato
            grilled hamburger steak wrapped in bacon (I call them poor man filet)
            Mozzarella slices with fresh tomato and fresh basil with balsamic
            Roasted chicken let quarter with home made garlic naan

It makes the day at work much better.

Tomorrow will be mahi, my home made tartar sauce and zukes in some sort of heavy vinegar based dressing.

Comment

^ sounds like a busy weekend. enjoy and stay safe. ill post my results up here. everyone feel free do do the same

Comment

Working...
              X