Does Youth even care

alldodge

Staff member
Daughter works for a Large High end Apartment complex as office manager. Covid hits and she must continue to work, face to face filing forms. Health Dept notifies Company she was exposed so has to quarantine. Forget how long but almost 2 weeks based on when exposure happened and when she was notified. Happened about a month ago and she has to use her vacation time to continue to get paid

Get another cal today, on May 15 a person comes in to rent an apartment. The 20 something filling out the paper work had found out on May 14 that they were positive for Covid. Daughter gets notified today she has to quarantine again, but at least this time they are paying her. My guess is company got funds from the Fed to cover, so now all is good.

Company is typical dirt bag company, but the young adult just doesn't care

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Man, what a crock! Was she tested either time?

The 2nd one should have been locked up for running around instead of quarantining.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
we have service techs that were tested a few times. one ship yard in south florida has a large number of cases.

we have paid extra for fast-track testing.

alldodge

Staff member
She was tested both times. She just got tested today and if she turns up negative I think she goes back to work, being its been 6 days, but don't know

Where we live the has been only 2 cases, but the Buckeye and Hoosier Navies are coming in this weekend so who knows how many cases we will have in another week

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I do understand what you are saying. IF, and that is an extremely big IF, the general public thought about all this and would follow the rules and everyone stayed home like everyone was told to do. Then it would have taken a mere two week period and everything would have been stopped in it's tracks. But since so many think they are okay and invincible and can't possibly contract this Corona Virus, we have what we have today with no end in sight.

I told my wife, if we (meaning everyone) were to have sacrificed three to four straight weeks with everyone staying home, yes, I know that was cutting into people's jobs and abilities to buy food and such, but such a sacrifice would have put a total and complete end to this Corona Virus Pandemic once and for all, and we would have been open again for everything right now

Since it has a possible two week incubation period from contracting it to showing up, three weeks would have weeded out everyone that had it and there would be ZERO new cases after three weeks of everyone not going out in to the public!.

I read in the local newspaper where a certain group of people HAVE to have their 1 am parties with 30, 40, 60 or more involved, and then complain about disproportionately contracting AND dying from the Corona Virus. Can you get anymore ignorant? JMHO

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Some people are just down right ignorant. When I go out (not often) I see it every time. People in public, no mask, no gloves. Some are young people some are old people. Ignorance has no specific age. Today POTUS refused to wear a mask on a tour of a Ford plant. The CEO Mr. Something Ford asked him to as it was company policy and Michigan law, he still refused to. Some example. This is not a political statement whatsoever. It is about ignorance.

alldodge

Staff member
Heard tonight that the other things are starting to happen with the real young 1 to 17 and can effect their heart. Sure hope they can get that figured out before us old folks, but still don't have any plans to leave any time soon

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
In the few months this has been front page headlines, the only thing the doctors know is they don't know squat! I think that going down the road we'll be hearing a lot about long term health issues caused by C19.

I go out with a mask and keep hand sanitizer in the car. As soon as I get back to the car, before I do the routine before I get in. Social distancing is like driving on the freeway - You keep good distance and get tailgated while people cut into your forward space. Yeah, some are wearing masks, but many aren't.

harringtondav

Commander
Up here in IA there is a FB group: "Reopen Iowa". Most posters seem to be bang hard right wing anti-government that think Covid precautions are a violation of their rights. Couple that with ignorant, immortal young'uns and we've got a long road before things are safe again.

...too bad the Darwin Theory/Award isn't selective here.

tpenfield

Staff member
Not sure ignorance and being inconsiderate is an age related thing, but there is nothing legal about knowingly exposing someone to a virus that gives them about 5% chance of dying, should they contract it.

It is not the first time I've heard of such a story of someone who tested positive being out and about. The Admiral reads lots of news stories and such ( probably because she doesn't like the Mercruiser manuals that I have :D ). Yesterday, she was telling me about a man who tested positive while traveling and then attempted to board a flight the next day. The health officials caught wind of his plan and alerted the airport/TSA. They bagged him at security, prevented him from boarding the flight, and had to do a bunch of extra cleaning in the airport. Not sure which airport it was. :noidea:

I'm sure all of this stuff is the small percent of people who do these sorts of things . . . it is the "one bad apple spoiling the whole bunch" sort of thing.

Now that things are re-opening, I think the second wave will be coming. . . there is not much stopping this virus at the moment.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
If a family member dies we are having the funeral at Walmart so anybody that wants to attend is able to.