2020 eNascar - iNorth Wilksboro - eNascar iRacing Pro Invitational Series

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The hopefully final iRace for the Pro series is today at 3PM on FOX and FS1. My local Fox has it in their schedule, but every time so far has been infomercials. I hope FOX5 in Atlanta finally carries the race!

Word has it that Humpty is coming out of self-imposed quarantine for the first real race in months for Darlington next Sunday. We'll find out this week how iBoats Fantasy Live is going to do the race since there will no qualifying or practice. iFL is still locked on the last race at Phoenix and hasn't been updated with the new revised schedule.

Jeff Gordon is entered for this special iRace at iNorth Wilksboro as the track hasn't been on the Cup schedule in years, while some of the Cup drivers are sitting this one out.

Kyle Larson was back on track last night for a World of Outlaws race at Knoxville Raceway in Iowa. He was joined by Kasey Kahne in the return of WoW racing, although no fans were present to cheer. Kahne didn't make the final while Larson finished 10th in the final.

Some real Nascar news - With all the graduations on hold for most of the US, Daytona is sponsoring an on-track senior graduation for two area high schools. The graduates will drive on the track with family members as their name is called to accept their diploma. Then make a slow lap around the track and gather with the other grads near pit road to do the ceremonial cap toss in the air. This a lot better than a Zoom virtual graduation and something special to remember from this terrible moment in history.

sam60

Captain
Looking for that irace as well....I had a week of hospital TV, but was looking forward to this fake race because of the work that went into it. I already have an air pot pressure cooker...

GA_Boater

It just went past halfway, Sam. My FOX is carrying it.

I think they said it was last used in 1996 for a Cup race and has been in disrepair. Junior and a few others cleaned it up late last year so the iRace folks could scan it. It looks good virtually.

GA_Boater

Hamlin won the first Pro iRace and the final. Corey LaJoie had his brake pedal break off toward the end and had to pull the plug;

EXmiOhhWoAA1Kjl

Next Sunday we get to see the real thing again at Darlington.

aspeck

Staff member
Pocono Raceway is doing something similar for their area high schools... students and families gather in the infield for ceremony and when the graduates name is called their family car drives out on the track and crosses the finish line to receive their diploma. I am afraid I would be in the Trans Am and take a few “hot” laps ... :eek::D

As for NASCAR, guess it is about time to crank up the NASCAR Fantasy league and pick your teams! It is going to come fast and furious for a bit!

GA_Boater

I'm sure more than one grad was tempted to take a lap at Pocono. :D

I'm hoping Fantasy Live is unlocked on Tuesday like the last race was on Sunday. With the Wednesday races, they better unlock faster than some time on Tuesday. With no practice or qualifying get ready to duck when darts fly!