Home Lockdown.-

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If you are undergoing a forced lockdown at home due to Coronavirus with 0 chances to go boating, how do you spend your day ?

Happy Boating

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
working on all the stuff you told the wife "i will get to it when I have time"

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Waiting for the ice to melt. We are still working, at the marina. We are considered a essential business as we can haul up to 150 ton commercial boats. Trying to get ready for launching....if this mess clears up!

harringtondav

Commander
I'm hunkered in alone. Admiral is still stuck in AZ. Honey-do list is getting dusty.
Thinking about boating.
First ordering aluminum to repair our rail boat lift that was hurt in 2018 ice floods.
Then ordering new windows for our river place basement finish.
Then fix boat lift ..assuming river Miss. river goes down this year.
Then continue basement remod.
IA hasn't announced any ramp closures. I just need a 10 min window to sneak my boat onto the lift. ..maybe a midnight launch.

So, right now I'm doing a lot of thinking and little else.

dwco5051

Commander
Is your Gym Closed? I am offering one on one workout coaching in a clean outdoor setting. No cost, no membership dues. Daily workouts consist of many reps of turning what is in the first picture to what is in the second. No prior experience needed.

. DSC04837.jpgDSC04844.jpg

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Is your Gym Closed? I am offering one on one workout coaching in a clean outdoor setting. No cost, no membership dues. Daily workouts consist of many reps of turning what is in the first picture to what is in the second. No prior experience needed.

can do it with photoshop.......LOL

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Minnesota is supposedly locked down. You can go to the grocery store, liquor store, post office, gas station, and hardware store.

briangcc

Commander
Essential business only, otherwise on lockdown.... NYS, Governor Cuomo.

I'm deemed essential for my business which is deemed essential - medical contracts. So....I work from home until I need to physically go in...even then it has to be reviewed by Management and prioritized to determine when I might need to go in.

Otherwise we're single handedly trying to keep the economy going....redid my youngest son's room (still needs a mattress), bought a new fridge as ours was pronounced on borrowed time yesterday, new laser printer as apparently I may be working from home for a good long time (and inkjet cartridges are stupid expensive), new shelving for basement to get that organized. Also planned out use of the stimulus money whenever we get it - new doors for the house (all 3), rewire the garage as its scary, etc.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Working from home in Illinois, and work on the boat trailer (brakes, bearings, wiring) when I’m not busy with work.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I am still working and going in to the office every day. It sure is nice to not be headed to the airport every sunday morning.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
I am considered "essential" working at the Sheriff's Dept and the wife is at home 24/7 I can tell you that we have slowed down and most of our job is answering dumb questions by phone.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
We are essential also, but two of our people got laid off today, only two of us left, 'service techs' We do have a bunch of stuff to get done before launch season, if there is a launch season. Most of our boaters are from out of state.....