Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

Home Lockdown.-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Lockdown.-

If you are undergoing a forced lockdown at home due to Coronavirus with 0 chances to go boating, how do you spend your day ?

Happy Boating

Sea Rider 320, 380 Sibs, 450 Rib, 2 Strokes Tohatsu 5,18 & 30 HP Proud Smokers

working on all the stuff you told the wife "i will get to it when I have time"
    Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
    1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
    2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
    1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Waiting for the ice to melt. We are still working, at the marina. We are considered a essential business as we can haul up to 150 ton commercial boats. Trying to get ready for launching....if this mess clears up!
      If ya can't fix it with a hammer,ya got yourself an electrical problem.

Comment

I'm hunkered in alone. Admiral is still stuck in AZ. Honey-do list is getting dusty.
        Thinking about boating.
        First ordering aluminum to repair our rail boat lift that was hurt in 2018 ice floods.
        Then ordering new windows for our river place basement finish.
        Then fix boat lift ..assuming river Miss. river goes down this year.
        Then continue basement remod.
        IA hasn't announced any ramp closures. I just need a 10 min window to sneak my boat onto the lift. ..maybe a midnight launch.

So, right now I'm doing a lot of thinking and little else.
        '96 Larson 174 SEI BR. 4.3LX 4 bbl Weber s/n 0F786604. Alpha One Gen II s/n 0F709315

Comment

Is your Gym Closed? I am offering one on one workout coaching in a clean outdoor setting. No cost, no membership dues. Daily workouts consist of many reps of turning what is in the first picture to what is in the second. No prior experience needed.

. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04837.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	10843697Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04844.jpg
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	10843698

The last suit you wear won't need any pockets. You might as well spend it on a boat.

Comment

Originally posted by dwco5051 View Post
            Is your Gym Closed? I am offering one on one workout coaching in a clean outdoor setting. No cost, no membership dues. Daily workouts consist of many reps of turning what is in the first picture to what is in the second. No prior experience needed.

. [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":10843697**[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-attachmentid":10843698**[/ATTACH]

can do it with photoshop.......LOL
            Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
            1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
            2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
            1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Minnesota is supposedly locked down. You can go to the grocery store, liquor store, post office, gas station, and hardware store.

Comment

Essential business only, otherwise on lockdown.... NYS, Governor Cuomo.

I'm deemed essential for my business which is deemed essential - medical contracts. So....I work from home until I need to physically go in...even then it has to be reviewed by Management and prioritized to determine when I might need to go in.

Otherwise we're single handedly trying to keep the economy going....redid my youngest son's room (still needs a mattress), bought a new fridge as ours was pronounced on borrowed time yesterday, new laser printer as apparently I may be working from home for a good long time (and inkjet cartridges are stupid expensive), new shelving for basement to get that organized. Also planned out use of the stimulus money whenever we get it - new doors for the house (all 3), rewire the garage as its scary, etc.
                2017 Chaparral 19 H2O Ski & Fish w./4.3L 180HP Merc Alpha
                2005 Four Winns 200Le x/5.0L Volvo SX-M (270HP - FI) - ordered new, traded in on Chaparral
                1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS w/2000 Honda 115HP - ordered new, traded in on Four Winns
                1956 MFG 15' w/matching Evinrude Big Twin 30HP - presumed to be a sandbox somewhere

Tow Vehicle:
                2017 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4
                2019 Ram 1500 Classic 4x4

Comment

Working from home in Illinois, and work on the boat trailer (brakes, bearings, wiring) when I’m not busy with work.
                  Location: West Central Illinois, USA 1997 Larson 186 SEi Bowrider I/O Mercruiser 350 #0F747565 Mag Alpha One Gen II #1A270120 Transom and Deck Restoration Project on my '97 Larson Bowrider

Comment

Yeah I found a way!

Click image for larger version

Name:	fishin.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	10843888
                    1979 V5 SS140 HP Merc ...... 1970 18' Chieftain IO restoration
                    1978 16' SS160 SeaNymph .. 1978 14' Seafarer

Comment

I am still working and going in to the office every day. It sure is nice to not be headed to the airport every sunday morning.

Comment

I am considered "essential" working at the Sheriff's Dept and the wife is at home 24/7 I can tell you that we have slowed down and most of our job is answering dumb questions by phone.
                        This is a great link to boat specifications http://boatspecs.iboats.com/
                        Please, shop iboats first!!

Comment

We are essential also, but two of our people got laid off today, only two of us left, 'service techs' We do have a bunch of stuff to get done before launch season, if there is a launch season. Most of our boaters are from out of state.....
                          If ya can't fix it with a hammer,ya got yourself an electrical problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X