Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

2020 eNascar - iHomestead - eNascar iRacing Pro Invitational Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 eNascar - iHomestead - eNascar iRacing Pro Invitational Series

Today on FS1, iRacing from Homestead. Dale Jr., Chase Elliott, The Whining Twerp and 32 others will be racing from the comfort of their living rooms or dens. I watched the regular series on Tuesday and it wasn't bad.

Get your racing fix on FS1 at 1:30 ET for the inaugural eNascar iRacing Pro Invitational Series race.

• 82rude
    replied
    https://news.yahoo.com/indycars-virt...183212753.html

Leave a comment:

• hvymtl939
    replied
    Originally posted by GA_Boater - Wash Hands - Don't Touch Face - Separate View Post
    Did you see the rig Johnson had, it was different from the others? His was for an Indy car or F1, so he was almost laying down. Some of the rigs were almost a Cup driver's area with rollbars and dashboard. Some serious cash dropped on those.

Another iRace on Sunday. Keeping tradition alive, I'll be starting a thread for iTexas before then.
    Yeah, I follow most of the drivers on instagram, and most of them posted their setups. Twerp's was the coolest imo. I was a bit surprised with how basic Logano's was. He just had a wheel mounted on what seemed to be a normal desk, sitting in an office chair.

I'm budgeting about 1k for my rig. $500 for the PC, $300 or so for the controllers, and then spend the rest fabbing up a chair/bracket setup.

Leave a comment:

• GA_Boater - Wash Hands - Don't Touch Face - Separate
    replied
    Did you see the rig Johnson had, it was different from the others? His was for an Indy car or F1, so he was almost laying down. Some of the rigs were almost a Cup driver's area with rollbars and dashboard. Some serious cash dropped on those.

Another iRace on Sunday. Keeping tradition alive, I'll be starting a thread for iTexas before then.

Leave a comment:

• hvymtl939
    replied
    I think next week will go a bit smoother, as these drivers learn to adapt to iracing.

Wife agreed we could get a setup! Need to upgrade my main PC first, then we'll be shopping for a wheel, pedals, and a shifter.

My oldest starts in quarter midgets this year, but we figured some extra virtual laps might be fun for all of us!

Leave a comment:

• Old Ironmaker
    replied
    Ah man, I forgot they were going to race. 27 laps to go. The most entertaining in an automobile race anyway.

Leave a comment:

• GA_Boater
    replied
    According to eNascar, no loose lugnuts and post-race inspection was clear, so Hamlin is the winner.

I guess they will race next Sunday. Took my mind off the world for a while.

Leave a comment:

• GA_Boater
    replied
    Hamlin passes Junior in turn 4 to win.

Whether this was enjoyable or not, there is a benefit. Most of the winnings and pledges are going to COVID19 relief efforts. So this is a win win.

Leave a comment:

• GA_Boater
    replied
    5 to go. Hill leads with Junior passing for 1st.

Leave a comment:

• GA_Boater
    replied
    Junior to 2nd. 8 to go.

Leave a comment:

• GA_Boater
    replied
    10 laps to go and Jr. is closing from 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• GA_Boater
    replied
    Restarting again with 18 to go. Smithley leads.

Leave a comment:

• GA_Boater
    replied
    22 to go yellow.

Leave a comment:

• GA_Boater
    replied
    25 to go, still Smithley.

Leave a comment:

• GA_Boater
    replied
    Green on lap 73 with Smithley leading.