2020 eNascar - iHomestead - eNascar iRacing Pro Invitational Series

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Half way and Timmy Hill takes over from Byron the next lap.

GA_Boater

Yellow lap 59 for Elliott spin after the longest green flag run today.

GA_Boater

Lets restart again. Lap 65, Briscoe and Smithley in front.

GA_Boater

Hamlin passes Junior in turn 4 to win.

Whether this was enjoyable or not, there is a benefit. Most of the winnings and pledges are going to COVID19 relief efforts. So this is a win win.

GA_Boater

According to eNascar, no loose lugnuts and post-race inspection was clear, so Hamlin is the winner.

I guess they will race next Sunday. Took my mind off the world for a while.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Ah man, I forgot they were going to race. 27 laps to go. The most entertaining in an automobile race anyway.

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
I think next week will go a bit smoother, as these drivers learn to adapt to iracing.

Wife agreed we could get a setup! Need to upgrade my main PC first, then we'll be shopping for a wheel, pedals, and a shifter.

My oldest starts in quarter midgets this year, but we figured some extra virtual laps might be fun for all of us!

GA_Boater

Did you see the rig Johnson had, it was different from the others? His was for an Indy car or F1, so he was almost laying down. Some of the rigs were almost a Cup driver's area with rollbars and dashboard. Some serious cash dropped on those.

Another iRace on Sunday. Keeping tradition alive, I'll be starting a thread for iTexas before then.

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
Did you see the rig Johnson had, it was different from the others? His was for an Indy car or F1, so he was almost laying down. Some of the rigs were almost a Cup driver's area with rollbars and dashboard. Some serious cash dropped on those.

Another iRace on Sunday. Keeping tradition alive, I'll be starting a thread for iTexas before then.

Yeah, I follow most of the drivers on instagram, and most of them posted their setups. Twerp's was the coolest imo. I was a bit surprised with how basic Logano's was. He just had a wheel mounted on what seemed to be a normal desk, sitting in an office chair.

I'm budgeting about 1k for my rig. $500 for the PC, $300 or so for the controllers, and then spend the rest fabbing up a chair/bracket setup.