Getting busy at work.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Anyone else getting busy at work?

A month ago we were told of two major corporate mistakes, which resulted in
over 10 million units in surplus inventory.

Our products have a sell by date, so the
company pulled 3 full weeks out of production over the next 3 months, to reduce inventory.

Well, yesterday they put those weeks back in, and added 4 more full production days to the
production schedule in the next 6 weeks.

So, back to working extra days and 12 hour shifts.

They expect we will be ramped up as long as there are states in lockdown and the kids are back to school.
And then our fall busy season will start.

Not complaining. Glad to be working. Many in my town will be out of work for a long time as many are in the construction and construction supply business.

I'm surprised we were able to get our raw materials so quickly.

Anyone else working more in the cover-19 era ?

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
We’ve been gang busters since the beginning of the year.

Best 1st quarter sales ever. With more on the way If we can put this COVID-19 stuff behind us.

Biggest issue we have is the supply chain and skilled techs. Everyone I talk to is busy and behind on delivery schedules. Certainly the partial shutdowns will have an impact on second and third quarter delivers.

It will be an interesting year for sure

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
our service department is going gangbusters. Everyone wants their yacht serviced so they can go to the bahamas and anchor out.

problem is most Aluminum and Stainess comes from China these days, so we are seeing a manufacting supply issue to keep up with orders.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Luckily I am in the landfill industry, supplying equipment that removes liquid, condensate, and gas. Pretty darn recession proof. We are still producing and shipping as long as we can get components and have healthy employees.

southkogs

Staff member
I'm in the trade show world (creative side) and we started seeing trouble about two weeks ago. Right now, we're trying to find work to keep the doors open and the lights on until the trade show world re-boots. Gonna' be a an interesting couple of months.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
problem is most Aluminum and Stainess comes from China these days, so we are seeing a manufacting supply issue to keep up with orders.
What are you buying from China?

The US produces 80% of the US stainless market.
Chinese aluminum imports account for only 13% of the US market.

Canada is our largest aluminum partner at 34%

Scott Danforth

Staff member
What are you buying from China?

The US produces 80% of the US stainless market.
Chinese aluminum imports account for only 13% of the US market.

Canada is our largest aluminum partner at 34%

lots of 316 castings, much of the A22, much of the 5000 series aluminum

Scott Danforth

Staff member
issue is, same castings here in the US were 10X the cost. cant compete when your raw materials cost more than the products you are competing against.

same goes with environmental testing. what costs $50k here in the US only costs $1800 in india.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I'm in the trade show world (creative side) and we started seeing trouble about two weeks ago. Right now, we're trying to find work to keep the doors open and the lights on until the trade show world re-boots. Gonna' be a an interesting couple of months.

Freeman?