Nascar 2020 - Atlanta - No Fans - Update - No Race

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
As the title says, due to COVID-19 affecting all of us, Atlanta and next week at Homestead will have no fans in the grandstands. A growing number of race team shops are closed to visitors. No word if any teams have confirmed or suspected cases.

Atlanta has all three series racing this weekend. The Truck race has the first TWT vs The World bounty race. Chase Elliott has stepped to the plate and will attempt to snag 1000 Benjamins put up Kevin Harvick and Marcus Lemonis, owner of Camping World. I'm sure anti-TWT and TWT fans were snapping up tickets that will go unused with Nascar's decision to allow no fans.

Time for a weather check, I'll look out the window.................:mad-new: Beginning tomorrow - :rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain::rain: That's seven days of rain, intermittent at times, steady at times with Sunday having the highest rainfall.

This is an odd schedule for a race weekend. Friday has practice for Cup, X-Men and Truck, 2 for each series. Saturday has qualifying for all three and the X-race and Truck races. Sunday is normal with just the Cup race. The complete MRN schedule;

[h=1]Atlanta Schedule of Events[/h] All Times Eastern
Friday, March 13
Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series First Practice: 1:35 p.m.-2:25 p.m. (NASCAR.com)
Xfinity Series First Practice: 2:35 p.m.-3:25 p.m. (FS1)
Cup Series First Practice: 3:35 p.m.-4:25 p.m. (FS1)
Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series Final Practice: 4:32 p.m.-4:57 p.m. (FS1)
Xfinity Series Final Practice: 5:02 p.m.-5:27 p.m. (FS1)
Cup Series Final Practice: 5:35 p.m.-6:25 p.m. (FS1)

Saturday, March 14
Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series Qualifying: 10:00 a.m. (FS1)
Xfinity Series Qualifying: 11:00 a.m. (FS1)
Cup Series Qualifying: 12:00 p.m. (PRN/FS1)
Radio Pre-Race: 1:00 p.m. (MRN)
TV Pre-Race: 1:00 p.m. (FS1)
Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series Vet Tix/Camping World 200: 1:30 p.m. (MRN/FS1)
Radio Pre-Race: 3:30 p.m. (PRN)
TV Pre-Race: 3:30 p.m. (FS1)
Xfinity Series EchoPark 250: 4:00 p.m. (PRN/FS1)

Sunday, March 15
Radio Pre-Race: 1:00 p.m. (PRN)
TV Pre-Race: 1:30 p.m. (FOX)
Cup Series Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500: 2:00 p.m. (PRN/FOX)

News and Notes
  • Other than Atlanta and Homestead not having fans in the stands, nothing yet about following races.
  • Driver meetings will be held outdoors with a 6ft. buffer from media.
  • Ryan Newman has been doing interviews and TV appearances. That's good sign. His fishing therapy is continuing
  • Phoenix race winner Joey had 1 loose lugnut for the only post-race penalty, just a fine.
  • Still hard to compare races to last year with the new schedule. 2.7 rating and 4.6 million viewers, off from a 2.9 rating and 4.8M for last year's race.
iBoats Fantasy Live
  • Our latest iFL winner is Tiz. He got his first win at Phoenix. Congrats, Tiz. :first:
  • 64osby is still leading the league by 3 points.
  • iFL pole locks on Saturday at Noon DST.

Good luck evertone and stay safe out there,

Humpty

GA_Boater

That's outdated from yesterday. Too many mentions of fans - There ain't any!

GA_Boater

There are rumors flying like flies in an outhouse about events at Atlanta. I won't bother repeating any.

But this is a fact - Fox/FS1 are doing no pre-race shows or in studio shows except for the Cup pre-race show on Sunday.

GA_Boater

Nascar has postponed Atlanta and Homestead. So this thread is on hold for the time being.

GA_Boater

Not really on hold, just won't be telling you to pick your pole sitter and roster.

IndyCar has canceled its events at St Pete, Long Beach & Austin.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
This is a unique time in modern society. In my estimation at no time since WW2 has society "normality" changed so fast in just a few weeks, including 9/11. It's ain't over either. I just talked to a close friend, his daughter, my God Daughter's 300 guest wedding is coming up in 4 weeks. Better to postpone or be in tears when a only a handful show up?

GA_Boater

Jayski on Twitter tweeted as if this was a hardware race, reported leaders, cautions, free passes, etc.

Look at some of the specs, these are the iRace announcers. No Fords, Chevys or Toyota. Intels, Dells, Logitechs. LOL;

ANNOUNCERS

James Pike:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960m 4GB
RAM: 16 GB
MB: Dell 0H0CC0
Case: Dell Inspiron 7559
Monitor: 1x Dell NV15N41 + 1x Samsung 2233SW
AI: Focusrite iTrack Solo
Mic: Shure SM58-50A
Camera: Logitech C922

David Schildhouse:
CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K @ 3.80GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
RAM: 16 GB
MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z270F
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox 5
Monitor: 3x Asus VG248QE 24ā€
AI: Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Mic: Blue Yeti Pro Edition
Camera: Logitech C922

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
the St Pete Grand Prix is canceled and fans wont get a refund, however can use the tickets for next years race.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I bet that this past weekend that I was off and at home was the very 1st time in my adult life I didn't watch some type of sports. All replays of which I know the outcome. I could have won a few bets with my wife but she isn't falling for it any more, including episodes of Jeopardy I saw a few hours earlier from Nova Scotia.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
This is a unique time in modern society. In my estimation at no time since WW2 has society "normality" changed so fast in just a few weeks, including 9/11. It's ain't over either. I just talked to a close friend, his daughter, my God Daughter's 300 guest wedding is coming up in 4 weeks. Better to postpone or be in tears when a only a handful show up?

Wedding postponed until further notice. Our Feds are advising that no gatherings of a non essential nature be no larger than 10 people. My BBQ's with the immediate family is about 20 people. We are Italian. My BBQ here for next month cancelled too.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
'Dega cancelled. NASCAR is done thru May 3rd, at least...

Humpty is being laid off until further notice....šŸ˜³

GA_Boater

At this rate Super Bowl Sunday, Final games of the World Series, NBA, Stanley Cup, NCAA March Madness, Clemson vs Alabama football championship and Nascar last race will all be on the same day. :eek:

Humpty will go stir crazy, :rant:

GA_Boater

If they postpone any more races, it's going to be hard to squeeze the remaining 32 races in, with or without fans.

Check your PM's, WIMUSKY

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Can't reply in messenger. Mexican jumping bean. Even with different link...