Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

Nascar 2020 - Atlanta - No Fans - Update - No Race

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nascar 2020 - Atlanta - No Fans - Update - No Race

As the title says, due to COVID-19 affecting all of us, Atlanta and next week at Homestead will have no fans in the grandstands. A growing number of race team shops are closed to visitors. No word if any teams have confirmed or suspected cases.

Atlanta has all three series racing this weekend. The Truck race has the first TWT vs The World bounty race. Chase Elliott has stepped to the plate and will attempt to snag 1000 Benjamins put up Kevin Harvick and Marcus Lemonis, owner of Camping World. I'm sure anti-TWT and TWT fans were snapping up tickets that will go unused with Nascar's decision to allow no fans.

Time for a weather check, I'll look out the window................. Beginning tomorrow - That's seven days of rain, intermittent at times, steady at times with Sunday having the highest rainfall.

This is an odd schedule for a race weekend. Friday has practice for Cup, X-Men and Truck, 2 for each series. Saturday has qualifying for all three and the X-race and Truck races. Sunday is normal with just the Cup race. The complete MRN schedule;

Atlanta Schedule of Events

All Times Eastern
    Friday, March 13
    Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series First Practice: 1:35 p.m.-2:25 p.m. (NASCAR.com)
    Xfinity Series First Practice: 2:35 p.m.-3:25 p.m. (FS1)
    Cup Series First Practice: 3:35 p.m.-4:25 p.m. (FS1)
    Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series Final Practice: 4:32 p.m.-4:57 p.m. (FS1)
    Xfinity Series Final Practice: 5:02 p.m.-5:27 p.m. (FS1)
    Cup Series Final Practice: 5:35 p.m.-6:25 p.m. (FS1)

Saturday, March 14
    Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series Qualifying: 10:00 a.m. (FS1)
    Xfinity Series Qualifying: 11:00 a.m. (FS1)
    Cup Series Qualifying: 12:00 p.m. (PRN/FS1)
    Radio Pre-Race: 1:00 p.m. (MRN)
    TV Pre-Race: 1:00 p.m. (FS1)
    Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series Vet Tix/Camping World 200: 1:30 p.m. (MRN/FS1)
    Radio Pre-Race: 3:30 p.m. (PRN)
    TV Pre-Race: 3:30 p.m. (FS1)
    Xfinity Series EchoPark 250: 4:00 p.m. (PRN/FS1)

Sunday, March 15
    Radio Pre-Race: 1:00 p.m. (PRN)
    TV Pre-Race: 1:30 p.m. (FOX)
    Cup Series Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500: 2:00 p.m. (PRN/FOX)

News and Notes
    • Other than Atlanta and Homestead not having fans in the stands, nothing yet about following races.
    • Driver meetings will be held outdoors with a 6ft. buffer from media.
    • Ryan Newman has been doing interviews and TV appearances. That's good sign. His fishing therapy is continuing
    • Phoenix race winner Joey had 1 loose lugnut for the only post-race penalty, just a fine.
    • Still hard to compare races to last year with the new schedule. 2.7 rating and 4.6 million viewers, off from a 2.9 rating and 4.8M for last year's race.

iBoats Fantasy Live
    • Our latest iFL winner is Tiz. He got his first win at Phoenix. Congrats, Tiz.
    • 64osby is still leading the league by 3 points.
    • iFL pole locks on Saturday at Noon DST.

Good luck evertone and stay safe out there,

Humpty
    BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
    Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
    That is what the forums are for.
    Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/03...e-of-covid-19/

Comment

That's outdated from yesterday. Too many mentions of fans - There ain't any!

Comment

There are rumors flying like flies in an outhouse about events at Atlanta. I won't bother repeating any.

But this is a fact - Fox/FS1 are doing no pre-race shows or in studio shows except for the Cup pre-race show on Sunday.

Comment

Nascar has postponed Atlanta and Homestead. So this thread is on hold for the time being.

Comment

Not really on hold, just won't be telling you to pick your pole sitter and roster.

IndyCar has canceled its events at St Pete, Long Beach & Austin.

Comment

This is a unique time in modern society. In my estimation at no time since WW2 has society "normality" changed so fast in just a few weeks, including 9/11. It's ain't over either. I just talked to a close friend, his daughter, my God Daughter's 300 guest wedding is coming up in 4 weeks. Better to postpone or be in tears when a only a handful show up?
              Experience is a lifetime of mistakes, wisdom is not making them again.

Comment

https://racingnews.co/2020/03/15/nas...anta-live/amp/

Comment

Jayski on Twitter tweeted as if this was a hardware race, reported leaders, cautions, free passes, etc.

Look at some of the specs, these are the iRace announcers. No Fords, Chevys or Toyota. Intels, Dells, Logitechs. LOL;

ANNOUNCERS

James Pike:
                  CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz
                  GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960m 4GB
                  RAM: 16 GB
                  MB: Dell 0H0CC0
                  Case: Dell Inspiron 7559
                  Monitor: 1x Dell NV15N41 + 1x Samsung 2233SW
                  AI: Focusrite iTrack Solo
                  Mic: Shure SM58-50A
                  Camera: Logitech C922

David Schildhouse:
                  CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K @ 3.80GHz
                  GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
                  RAM: 16 GB
                  MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z270F
                  Case: Cooler Master MasterBox 5
                  Monitor: 3x Asus VG248QE 24”
                  AI: Focusrite Scarlett Solo
                  Mic: Blue Yeti Pro Edition
                  Camera: Logitech C922

Comment

the St Pete Grand Prix is canceled and fans wont get a refund, however can use the tickets for next years race.
                    Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
                    1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
                    2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
                    1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I bet that this past weekend that I was off and at home was the very 1st time in my adult life I didn't watch some type of sports. All replays of which I know the outcome. I could have won a few bets with my wife but she isn't falling for it any more, including episodes of Jeopardy I saw a few hours earlier from Nova Scotia.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Ironmaker View Post
                        This is a unique time in modern society. In my estimation at no time since WW2 has society "normality" changed so fast in just a few weeks, including 9/11. It's ain't over either. I just talked to a close friend, his daughter, my God Daughter's 300 guest wedding is coming up in 4 weeks. Better to postpone or be in tears when a only a handful show up?
                        Wedding postponed until further notice. Our Feds are advising that no gatherings of a non essential nature be no larger than 10 people. My BBQ's with the immediate family is about 20 people. We are Italian. My BBQ here for next month cancelled too.

Comment

'Dega cancelled. NASCAR is done thru May 3rd, at least...

Humpty is being laid off until further notice....😳

Comment

At this rate Super Bowl Sunday, Final games of the World Series, NBA, Stanley Cup, NCAA March Madness, Clemson vs Alabama football championship and Nascar last race will all be on the same day.

Humpty will go stir crazy,

Comment

Good luck with that, even if they run with no fans. All it takes is a member, or 3 which is very possible, of teams gets ill they will have to shutdown.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/03...fore-playoffs/

Comment

Working...
                              X