....stocking up for Corona virus

alldodge

Staff member
I jokingly said we could do a foot tap and she said she'll be seeing more broken bones from geezers like me losing my balance.

:thumb:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Good morning, iBoaters. :wave: Keeping a safe distance. :smile:

With so many school districts across the country closing schools and doing online classes, how is that working for your school age kids?

If you've switched to home schooling, how do you help your kids with Common Core math? Frankly, it makes no sense to me as I learned from memorizing multiplication tables, formulas, etc.

Stay safe out there. Or in there.

alldodge

Staff member
On the 26th its time for our regular blood drive donation. I'm sure they are taking precautions to keep all safe. The thing I've been thinking about is for the last week or so I've had just a little tickle in the throat which comes and goes. One day its fine, the next 2 just enough to notice, then it goes away again.

Might be pollen but may be something else. The first question is how do you feel, so I feel fine but what about the tickle, :noidea: Assuming they will test the blood for covia19 before use, so should be safe for others.

Then I think if I have the thing, then loosing a pint will lower my level to fight it off. Something to think about

GA_Boater

Take your temp and take it several times a day. Allergies don't cause a fever.

aspeck

Staff member
Local colleges are online only (Penn State, Juniata, St Francis, Penn Highlands, etc). Church is remote services. Hunkering down and waving from a distance ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
We are camping till Saturday . Keeping distances other than renting a toon for a few hours ..
Just a a wave and a nod to the other campers going by on the golf cart ....

GA_Boater

Atlanta Mayor just closed gyms and bars, limited restaurants to take out only. I'm in the 'burbs and expect the same thing here with my county doubling the number of cases from yesterday.

aspeck

Staff member
Atlanta Mayor just closed gyms and bars, limited restaurants to take out only. I'm in the 'burbs and expect the same thing here with my county doubling the number of cases from yesterday.

That has been our whole state since Monday, I believe.

dwco5051

Commander
With so many school districts across the country closing schools and doing online classes, how is that working for your school age kids?.

A friend of mine posted that the first day of home school went pretty well even though he had to expel two students for fighting and fire one teacher for drinking on the job.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
That has been our whole state since Monday, I believe.

They even shut down all rest areas. But then revisted that decision and reopened 13. Truckers and large motorhomes need a place to sleep.... :)

harringtondav

Commander
Admiral asked me to bring back the hand sanitizer from our river place. Three partially empty bottles. I poured the most empty in the other two and topped off with 95% cheapo Ever Clear ethanol. Then I added about 1/4 bottle to the empty with Solarcaine Cool Aloe gel, topped it off with the high test ethyl and gave it a good shake. All three are a little runny, but potent. ...gotta remember to wait 10 minutes before I light a cigar.

Sanitizer.JPG

GA_Boater

Here in GA, it isn't state wide, only Atlanta. I'm sure the wider shutdown is coming.

I've been staying in and the few times I've gone to the grocery was late at night to avoid people. All the grocery stores have now cut back on hours and are filled with customers. Thankfully I'm not desperate by any means. I have lots of TP.

harringtondav

Commander
The two big grocery chains in our town are opening at 7:00 for older people. I qualify. The gray hair will be a pass. I haven't worried about TP so far, but I'll get up early tomorrow and check it out, as well as a responsible amount of stock-up to fill gaps at home. Taters, beans, etc. Our freezers are full of protein.

alldodge

Staff member
Doctor for blood center called and said there would be no difference in giving or not giving blood so far as the bodies ability to fight off virus. Guess if we don't get sick between now and then we will be giving

Running up to Louisville tomorrow to drop off taxes. My tax guy has decided to do nothing but drop offs, and I don't blame him. Also meeting son at his bank and the bank notary will come out to parking lot to notarize deed and such.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Here in GA, it isn't state wide, only Atlanta. I'm sure the wider shutdown is coming.

I've been staying in and the few times I've gone to the grocery was late at night to avoid people. All the grocery stores have now cut back on hours and are filled with customers. Thankfully I'm not desperate by any means. I have lots of TP.

GA-Boater, you know there is TWO side to every piece of TP! So don't throw it away until both sides are used... That's my story and I'm sticking...literally, to it...

You stated that most of the Corona Viruses were in the Atlanta area. And that is true, but today I heard an interesting claim. Seem in Laurens country has two people are confirmed to have Corona. However, neither one even knows the other one AND neither one has travels anywhere to pick it up. So the mayor has declared that country a state of emergency because they can't figure out how those two contracted Corona... Now that seems very interesting to me... And we now have 287 cases as of lunch time. So yesterday we had 197, today at lunch 287. That is a pretty huge jump for less then 24 hours... Sure hope it isn't contagious from the water...

GA_Boater

GA-Boater, you know there is TWO side to every piece of TP! So don't throw it away until both sides are used... That's my story and I'm sticking...literally, to it...

I'll keep that in mind, GM :eek:

Fulton and DeKalb counties, home to Atlanta, have 103 cases between them. I'm in Cherokee and it doubled overnight to 16. The whole state is under a declared emergency. The trouble is a person can be feeling fine, but still transmit to someone they don't know. More testing is causing the number of cases to jump. There are some drive thru testing sites, but it's limited to medical and emergency folks and doctor referrals only. Still not enough tests to go around. My doctor can't get test kits and she has a huge numbers of seniors.