....stocking up for Corona virus

WIMUSKY

Staff member
They'll never know all the virus cases. It's way more than they're reporting. Most people wont get very ill therefore will not go to the dr.

WI just shutdown bars, rest. statewide...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I want to know how sports teams and entertainment stars are getting all these tests while ordinary people can't get tested.

Again, how can WV be 0 cases?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Talk abour arcaic liquor laws, come to Ontario. Want more than a few choices of beer or more than a 12 pack, you need to drive to "The Beer Store", that's the name The Beer Store. Want a jug of high test? Drive to the LCBO, Liquor Control Board of Ontario. A few years back our Gov. realized they were losing money out in the country because it might be a 2 hour trip in Ontario to get beer or liquor so they finally allowed corner stores in the country to see the stuff. They might have 2 or 3 brands of each libation, maybe.

All restaurants and bars ordered closed today in Ontario. Even our beloved Tim Horton's coffee shops. There is 1 on every corner. Drive throughs were ridiculous before I can't imagine now. I wonder if there are rehab places for caffeine addiction. My sis in law (RIP Lois) needed at least 3 Hortons a day or she started jonesin'. I hope they are open in Heaven.

Because you haven't been sick in 25 years doesn't make you immune to this thing that is highly contagious, the difference between this and the common cold, I have some land for you in Florida, cheap. In the mean time please stay home.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
They tell me when I was little they used to wash my diapers.----Ma & pa lived to ages 89 and 87 so I do not think the practice was bad for them.-----We stocked up on some food basics to get us through 2 or 3 weeks at home during this emergency.----Did not think to get the TP stuff.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
All restaurants and bars ordered closed today in Ontario. Even our beloved Tim Horton's coffee shops. There is 1 on every corner. Drive throughs were ridiculous before I can't imagine now. I wonder if there are rehab places for caffeine addiction. My sis in law (RIP Lois) needed at least 3 Hortons a day or she started jonesin'. I hope they are open in Heaven.

This is how bad info gets spread. If you are going to post "facts" make sure you get them accurately posted.

Tim Hortons is NOT closed. I walked in and grabbed a coffee next door 10 minutes ago.
What I could not do was sit at a table and drink it.
Restaurants are open for take-out service and drive-through.....if they want to be. :)

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
My wife was notified this afternoon that she won't be going back to work next but WILL be paid.

Free vacation! :D

GA_Boater

That's good, BWR. A long Spring Break.

West Virginia reported their first case today. I was beginning to wonder. Hope it's the only case.

jbcurt00

Staff member
West Virginia reported their first case today. I was beginning to wonder. Hope it's the only case.

Yep, in the eastern panhandle where I work. I've probably got 3days of work left then the plant I'm normally at will go on lock down and I'll be off for a while......

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Siapem, the company I contract to, has cancelled all crew changes until mid-May. Anyone on board a vessel is there until then, anyone at home will not be working until that time.

Chris.........

GA_Boater

Yep, in the eastern panhandle where I work. I've probably got 3days of work left then the plant I'm normally at will go on lock down and I'll be off for a while......

What made me wonder is the eastern part of WV is almost to D.C. and plenty of cases around D.C.

Be careful, JB. Everybody be careful.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
That's good, BWR. A long Spring Break.

And the changes keep on coming...

My wife received a text this evening saying that she'll likely will have to work in one form or another next week after all. Can't really do her job from home but they don't want their clients to feel like they were just dumped.

Florida Gov. changed the spring break to now end for the boy on 15 Apr 20. No plans in place for makeup time as yet.

Staying tuned here...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Actually according to the doctor from northwestern medical university people with robust immune systems can fight off the virus Old Ironmaker.They can also get the virus and not ever notice it atall .Ive no doubt I will not get it period.I still barely go out in the winter and have zero plans on running around kissing people etc.Our timmys down the road has just drive through service as of today.Now about that land,is it beach front?:joyous:

GA_Boater

Let's just say the tax office isn't going to be making any money out of me... :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

Who likes paying taxes, Chris? But it's also nice to get a paycheck with the deductions.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
This is how bad info gets spread. If you are going to post "facts" make sure you get them accurately posted.

Tim Hortons is NOT closed. I walked in and grabbed a coffee next door 10 minutes ago.
What I could not do was sit at a table and drink it.
Restaurants are open for take-out service and drive-through.....if they want to be. :)

OK Tim, not closed but can't sit down. What's the diff? It's closed pal.

Nothing like spending a couple of thow of Samolians on our 25th anniversary that was planned for dinner today on take out drive through. Wonderful. That 25th anniversary dinner planned today with the 50 of us would have been nice. Not this year. Deposit was a grand, gonzo.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

OK Tim, not closed but can't sit down. What's the diff?

You get a cup at the drive thru or get it inside, spill it in your lap and sue for a million bucks. Closed means you're out a million bucks. :smile:

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Things have changed SLOWLY over 50 years.-------We are now seeing SUDDEN changes.-----So how do 50,000 migrant workers come here to plant crops ?------Maybe high school kids will be forced to work instead of playing with their phones ???