....stocking up for Corona virus

alldodge

Staff member
Was in Louisville today at Lowes buying carpet for Moms house. I saw one young lady and her son wearing mask's

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
This toilet paper thing has got me scared to poop...;)

we're hitting the road early, figure it will be better to weather this in the keys on the boat. Pretty sure the f20 talon with the opti 3.2l drag can outrun any virus hahaha

Old Ironmaker

Captain
As a TinHead I shook my head seeing pics of you Glasser guys all decked out in PPE gear. My apologies.

Be careful out there. Follow the guidelines and protect yourself. I stole this, but good advice - Wash your hands like you've been cutting jalapenos and you need to take your contacts out.

I just found out from CNN's top Doctor Sange Gupte I have been washing my hands wrong for 65 years. It should take 20 seconds minimum and wash like you are getting ready to perform surgery on your Mother.

I had to go to the grocery store and Pharmacy today. I took an inventory of how many times I could have been exposed to someone else's virus. Too may to count. The change I got back should be boiled, what about the meds that were dispensed? How many people have touched the bottle, label and cap before I popped one in my yap? Forget about the groceries, I have never tried boiled lettuce. How many have touched the ketchup bottle before I put it in my cart with my bare hands, who touched the grocery cart before me? My wife isn't even getting an elbow bump tonight, she works with the public. Big drop in birth rates in 9 months I predict. Oh my.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Was at the local grocery store around 10:30 this morning.-----Went to get some canned foods / dry foods / stuff to make my own bread ETC.------Seems like everyone else was there too.------Line up to check out was about 50 carts all the way around the store.------Never seen anything like it , but all folks waited patiently.----I live in an out of the way small town.-----My fear is that trucks will be empty next week before they get here.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i got a $60 round trip to Tampa so hanging out with my fake brother for a week.

harringtondav

Commander
OK. Draconian, Darwinian. ...too long after beer thirty to be posting.
Any ecosystem has it's limits on the life it can support. Once exceeded, the ecosystem adjusts. Life dies off until balance is restored.
World population is 8+billion and growing very quickly. ...time for the big ecosystem to adjust?
I don't know. Just wondering. ....someone else can respond with more happy thoughts. ...I'm ready to hunker down.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
OK. Draconian, Darwinian. ...too long after beer thirty to be posting.
Any ecosystem has it's limits on the life it can support. Once exceeded, the ecosystem adjusts. Life dies off until balance is restored.
World population is 8+billion and growing very quickly. ...time for the big ecosystem to adjust?
I don't know. Just wondering. ....someone else can respond with more happy thoughts. ...I'm ready to hunker down.

I'm no scientist but I agree 110%. Too many people not enough resources. The balance of life has been exceeded. Either that or North Korea had something in those rockets they exploded in the atmosphere. That's the consensus at the Canadian Legion today. I never argue with old vets.

I also had to travel the globe when I had a job. I always got jammed up not loose. The 1st thing I did when I got to a civilized region is hit a McDonalds or KFC, better than any enima.

This mask thing makes me laugh. A construction dust mask will keep drywall dust out of your nose and that's about it.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
I'm no scientist but I agree 110%. Too many people not enough resources. The balance of life has been exceeded. Either that or North Korea had something in those rockets they exploded in the atmosphere. That's the consensus at the Canadian Legion today. I never argue with old vets.

I also had to travel the globe when I had a job. I always got jammed up not loose. The 1st thing I did when I got to a civilized region is hit a McDonalds or KFC, better than any enima.

This mask thing makes me laugh. A construction dust mask will keep drywall dust out of your nose and that's about it.

Been saying we are WAY over populated for years now (for all the reasons you cite). Nobody listens!

Here's a graph of the world population for the last 12,000 years.

world pop.JPG

Gee, I wonder why things are going SO wrong! :facepalm:

Chris....

harringtondav

Commander

I had the opposite problem, especially when visiting India and China. HVLDS (High Velocity Low Density S...)
Those 13 hr flights home were no fun. I'd get into line at the head first opportunity. ...spent much of the flight leaving the head and getting back into the long line.

When pondering the overpopulation thing, I notice the epicenter is smack dab in the center of China's 4 billion population. Huh. But curious I haven't heard much about India and it's 3+ billion. ....thinking Corona virus can't compete with the rampant HVLDS bugs there. India's population's autoimmune levels must be off the charts.

Also noticed the US epicenter is in WA state. ...same as the epicenter for measles spread. Guessing low autoimmune levels due to widespread antivaxers....

...happy for living in the middle of low populated IA flat lands. ...The Amish will be the last to go. They use corn cobs and grow their own food.

Last edited:

harringtondav

Commander
....also glad to be living in the center of low population IA flat lands.
The Amish will be the last to go. Avoid outside contact. Use corn cobs. Grow their own food. Could care less about the electrical grid....

Old Ironmaker

Captain
When pondering the overpopulation thing, I notice the epicenter is smack dab in the center of China's 4 billion population. Huh. But curious I haven't heard much about India and it's 3+ billion. ....thinking Corona virus can't compete with the rampant HVLDS bugs there. India's population's autoimmune levels must be off the charts.

One of my wife's hobbies amongst many others is Astronomy. At he beginning of the year she told me about this exact thing predicted and not just the prediction something about 20, 21 and 22 lateral degrees. The narrow band across the World where the most affected are is exactly along the line this Astronomical chart accurately predicted last year. I don't understand 80% of what the heck she's talking about and I know I am misstating what she said but if she hadn't told me in January and reminded me last evening and showed me the WHO chart released yesterday I think I would have though it was a bad Outer Limits episode.

HVLDS, I am going to steal that one. It sounds very medical and it is a serious medical thing. Thanks.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
Well my employer has suspended all travel so I am home. I stopped by the office yesterday on the way home from the airport, people would not come within 10 feet of me, loving it.

achris

One of my wife's hobbies amongst many others is Astronomy. At he beginning of the year she told me about this exact thing predicted and not just the prediction something about 20, 21 and 22 lateral degrees. The narrow band across the World where the most affected are is exactly along the line this Astronomical chart accurately predicted last year. I don't understand 80% of what the heck she's talking about and I know I am misstating what she said but if she hadn't told me in January and reminded me last evening and showed me the WHO chart released yesterday I think I would have though it was a bad Outer Limits episode.

HVLDS, I am going to steal that one. It sounds very medical and it is a serious medical thing. Thanks.

Astronomy is a natural science that studies celestial objects and phenomena. It uses mathematics, physics, and chemistry in order to explain their origin and evolution.

Astrology is a pseudoscience that claims to divine information about human affairs and terrestrial events by studying the movements and relative positions of celestial objects.

I think you're referring to astrology, not astronomy. Predicting a disease would originate at 20,21,22 degrees latitude isn't any sort of leap. That's where the vast majority of the world's population likely to suffer the most from a disease of this sort live (poor hygiene, lack of understanding of modern medicine, etc). It's like saying that most iceberg will come form the higher latitudes...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I had to go to the grocery store and Pharmacy today. I took an inventory of how many times I could have been exposed to someone else's virus. Too may to count. The change I got back should be boiled, what about the meds that were dispensed? How many people have touched the bottle, label and cap before I popped one in my yap? Forget about the groceries, I have never tried boiled lettuce. How many have touched the ketchup bottle before I put it in my cart with my bare hands, who touched the grocery cart before me? My wife isn't even getting an elbow bump tonight, she works with the public. Big drop in birth rates in 9 months I predict. Oh my.

Your exactly right. That's why don't worry about it. If it's going to happen, let it happen. Can't live in a bubble.

We'd love the state park we're staying at get quarantined in about 2 weeks. Doubt that's going to happen.... Back to the woods... Sone parks have been shutdown. I believe all the state parks in new Mexico....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'm no scientist but I agree 110%. Too many people not enough resources. The balance of life has been exceeded. Either that or North Korea had something in those rockets they exploded in the atmosphere.

Forget North Korea, haven't heard a word from Russia. And they make good bedfellows with China.. China has had 3200 deaths. A drop in the bucket. Sacrifice 3200 to take out many more thousands. Russian deaths, 0, infected 59. On a positive note, China has only 10 new deaths.

Not trying to be insensitive or wear a tin hat, but this world is screwed up and nothing surprises me anymore....:tinfoil3:

achris

Forget North Korea, haven't heard a word from Russia. ...

My wife is from Russia, and there's plenty happening there. Flights to and from certain countries have been banned, self isolation is in effect. Some time next week Ukraine will be closing its borders (nobody in or out), New Zealand has closed its borders, and there's talk in a lot of places about shutting down internal flights (Australia and Russia included)....

Chris...........

dwco5051

Commander
My BIL is CEO of a multi-national company and he recently moved his main office from Singapore to Hong Kong just before the riots started. I kidded him that for the first time one of his decisions was worse than most of the ones I make. I talked to my sister two nights ago and knew he was in the process of opening a branch office in Dubai and asked if he was getting around OK. She said he is still flying between those three countries but the hotel he normally stays at in Dubai is a majestic building but when he checked in there were only three other rooms occupied that night. That suggests to me there is more financial turmoil world wide than what you hear on the news. This is deeper than just Walmart being out of toilet paper. That is why I am happy in my home in the woods on the side of the ridge. If we have to we may be eating a lot of squirrel and venison.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Forget North Korea, haven't heard a word from Russia. And they make good bedfellows with China.. China has had 3200 deaths. A drop in the bucket. Sacrifice 3200 to take out many more thousands. Russian deaths, 0, infected 59. On a positive note, China has only 10 new deaths.

You don't really believe that do you.

We haven't got an honest report or info from China from day one.
Pretty much no info at all since their 2 or 3 rebel reporters all went "missing" 6 weeks ago.
No videos, no promo photos of the hospitals they were throwing together.
Only PR stunts and now a pr campaign to blame the US and paint chiner as a victim.

Friend of mine has a girlfriend that is a Chinese national, she spends about 4 or 5 months here every year,teaching at the U or Wisconsin. She went back to China before Christmas.
They had regular phone calls 3-4 times a week until January 18th.
Now, her phone doesn't ring. And she only sends him texts, which mention nothing of any illness or virus.

Anyone that thinks the virus has stopped spreading across the rest of china, please contact me. I have some land for sale, and I'm pretty sure the fountain of youth is located next to the lilac bush behind the unicorn stable.