....stocking up for Corona virus

harringtondav

Commander
That being said, doesn't really bother me at this point to go into a business and don a mask. Most here are still requiring them and that's fine by me.
That's why I tuck a mask in my pocket. ....I'll go with the flow even though I'm clean. Yesterday I was in Menard's and Lowes. They both dropped their mask req't, and very few customers were wearing them. But over half the staff were.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Had my first shot about a month ago, my second ain't till August! Masks are still required everywhere here. It will feel weird to not wear a mask by the time this is over! So far we have had only a handfull of deaths so its worth it.

Mcfltfyter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Man, that seems like a world away. I've worn a mask twice, and I can't fathom the psychological impact of everyone wearing a mask for months on end.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Man, that seems like a world away. I've worn a mask twice, and I can't fathom the psychological impact of everyone wearing a mask for months on end.
Why, where are you? I thought everyone was pretty much the same.

Mcfltfyter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Why, where are you? I thought everyone was pretty much the same.
North and south Dakota. I just remembered I went to the doctor once, so there was 3 times I wore a mask. There were a few businesses that required masks, but there were plenty of other options so you could spend someplace else.

I'd guess the lack of covid impact on my life is just as crazy to you as the massive impact you've experienced is to me.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
North and south Dakota. I just remembered I went to the doctor once, so there was 3 times I wore a mask. There were a few businesses that required masks, but there were plenty of other options so you could spend someplace else.

I'd guess the lack of covid impact on my life is just as crazy to you as the massive impact you've experienced is to me.
You are probably right. You can't go in anywhere here without a mask. Even where I work, I have to put on a mask to walk from my office to the next office.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Our company is considered essential services. Nothing changed for us over the past year except getting temp taken to access facilities and wear a face shield or mask around “concerned” customers. Really enjoyed the lack of people on the highways and airports as I traveled around the country.

Had emergency spinal surgery (ACDF) done in the middle of it all. More or less bathed me from head to toe in alcohol as part of prep. Really weird being in what is normally a very busy urban hospital and only seeing a couple of people.

State outdoor mask requirements lifted 2 weeks ago. No masks required in restaurants and bars. Fully vaccinated people are exempt from masking requirements.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Our company is considered essential services. Nothing changed for us over the past year except getting temp taken to access facilities and wear a face shield or mask around “concerned” customers. Really enjoyed the lack of people on the highways and airports as I traveled around the country.

Had emergency spinal surgery (ACDF) done in the middle of it all. More or less bathed me from head to toe in alcohol as part of prep. Really weird being in what is normally a very busy urban hospital and only seeing a couple of people.

State outdoor mask requirements lifted 2 weeks ago. No masks required in restaurants and bars. Fully vaccinated people are exempt from masking requirements.
Do you need some kind of proof for vaccination or just take your wood for it?

ezbtr

Commander
got my last Pfizer shot 1.5 weeks ago, the next day felt tired, headache, advil fixed, day after normal, glad I'm done for now - gf did same w/ last Moderna shot

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
You mean like dental hygienists, surgeons people who work in clean rooms all day? They must be pretty physiologically traumatized.

Mcfltfyter

Petty Officer 2nd Class
You mean like dental hygienists, surgeons people who work in clean rooms all day? They must be pretty physiologically traumatized.
Yes, exactly like that actually. Pre covid you would meet your surgeon without a mask. It lessens the tension for the patient by seeing a human face. A dental hygienist will develop trust with a child and attempt to put them at ease long before they mask up and begin working.

Faceless creatures are not natural, and is proven to have some effect on nearly everyone. It's not by chance that they show starving childrens faces, or abused animal faces on commercials wanting your money.