....stocking up for Corona virus

southkogs

Staff member
My son works for Wallys ^^^ - he's not had anything that nuts happen to him, but he said people are pretty edgy.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
It is still early.----If this drags on for a month or more many , sad events / rage events may happen.--Unchecked this virus will march on and on.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sad to see and hear that when something like this occurs, the bad side of some people comes out. I can never understand why people can't live and treat others with respect and niceties... I guess with so many people on this Earth, there is bound to be the aggressive hating people as well. Too bad... I can say this point in time, I am getting tons of much needed yard work finished now...

tpenfield

Staff member
Since we have so much more time at home, even while working from home, the Admiral and I have been doing landscape maintenance on the backyard (DIY). Lots and lots of vines have taken over and lots of stuff needed to get cut back. Our dogwood tree had given some offspring, which I transplanted to other areas of the yard. We got about 30 bags of leaves to go to the composting site, and about 3 pick-up trucks worth of vines and brush.

We also started cleaning out an old shed . . . 8 large bags of trash with many more to go. There used to be a ferule cat that lived in there, but seems to have moved on.

At the summer house, we got a deck being re-done, some landscaping, new shutters on the house (18 windows) and some trim painting. All hired out to local crews.

It seems like this is working out to be a good time to get home improvements done, and I think the contractors are happy to have the work.

I went to the local hardware store and they only let 10 customers in at a time. If you arrive with a group/family, only one of you can go in. Nobody seemed to mind and the store staffed seemed to be safe from vehicle ramming :rolleyes:

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
I'm about to finally finish up on my dozer. I'm thinking a few more adjustments and it will be done. Its a small dozer but that also means everything is hard to get to and is heavy.... did I say its heavy, oh my back

Also rebuilt all the hydraulic cylinders

harringtondav

Commander
At the summer house, we got a deck being re-done, some landscaping, new shutters on the house (18 windows) and some trim painting. All hired out to local crews.

....??? eighteen windows, in a summer house? We have sixteen in our main home, and that's too many. I gave up cleaning the non-public windows years ago. Add two patio/deck sliders.

Our river house has seven up + two deck french doors. Seven in the basement. I'm quoting replacements for a basement finish job. I appreciate the small business contractors, but I've been on a retirement fixed income for ten yrs. That river place and all of it's DIY opportunity has kept me sane for 9 yrs. I'm going it alone....assuming IA's upcoming 'shelter in place' order doesn't prevent me from traveling twixt the two places.

Last edited by a moderator:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Since we have so much more time at home, even while working from home, the Admiral and I have been doing landscape maintenance on the backyard (DIY). Lots and lots of vines have taken over and lots of stuff needed to get cut back. Our dogwood tree had given some offspring, which I transplanted to other areas of the yard. We got about 30 bags of leaves to go to the composting site, and about 3 pick-up trucks worth of vines and brush.

We also started cleaning out an old shed . . . 8 large bags of trash with many more to go. There used to be a ferule cat that lived in there, but seems to have moved on.

It seems like this is working out to be a good time to get home improvements done, and I think the contractors are happy to have the work.

I went to the local hardware store and they only let 10 customers in at a time. If you arrive with a group/family, only one of you can go in. Nobody seemed to mind and the store staffed seemed to be safe from vehicle ramming :rolleyes:

Okay tpenfield, And I thought I was the only one plagued with VINES and THORNS. I used this stay home time to finish clearing out our back yard as well. I had it all cleaned out last year, but a storm decided to drop a large tree. And I let it sit there since it wasn't effecting anything at the time, well other then the fence it took with it. Well Thorny Vines decided to take over as well. So I been clearing it out again. Those thorny vies are near impossible to kill. So I decided to dig them out. Amazing how big the tubers are that feeds the vine. But I stuck with it and remove an amazing number of those tubers now.

I researched them and they say that the tubers are edible. They can be cooked like other tubers being potatoes. But I am not going to be a Guinea Pig and try that. So this morning I worked on the fence now. Getting close to having it finished...again!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I was always told, where there is a will, there is a way. Seems this is the latest Corona Virus protection masks...

Attachments

• Corona Mask.png
    Corona Mask.png
    762.5 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
GM- Thanks for keeping us abreast of the latest protection methods.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
The Admiral struck gold ... 3 - 4 packs of double roll TP and an 8 roll pack of paper towels at the dollar general ..
:kiss:
It’s the little things in life that matter !

alldodge

Staff member
Walk down to the dock and noticed plates from Indiana, Ohio and Mississippi :facepalm:

tpenfield

Staff member
Walk down to the dock and noticed plates from Indiana, Ohio and Mississippi :facepalm:

Self-quarantined on their boats :noidea:

A family member of mine is still going to the beach (in FL) . . . when I asked him how/why . . . he said it is a beach club that is part of a hotel, so they get to stay open. I asked about the virus, and he said that the staff disinfects the beach chairs every night, and the food service is take-out only . . .

It seems like he is not thinking about all of the patron traffic through doors, in restrooms, going to get food/drinks, touching railings, etc. . . . and did anyone use those beach chairs just before you?

He had no answer to that . . . :facepalm:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
RqciRz7.jpg

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Just found out one of my Forman under me has a daughter that tested positive when she went to the doctor for something unrelated . Her husband tested negative and he works with us also .. Been working with my son here lately ...
I went home early yesterday after getting sniffly.. Like a head cold .. The temps changed and I was out in the cooler weather on the forklift ... Feel ok today .. strange

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
sphelps Keep an eye on your temperature, Sam. And oddly, another early sign is losing the sense or taste and smell.