Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

....stocking up for Corona virus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois just announced shelter-in-place rules starting Saturday... looks like I'll be working from home for a while...
    Location: West Central Illinois, USA 1997 Larson 186 SEi Bowrider I/O Mercruiser 350 #0F747565 Mag Alpha One Gen II #1A270120 Transom and Deck Restoration Project on my '97 Larson Bowrider

Comment

• A few weeks ago I was accused of being Chicken Little running around yelling " The sky is falling." by friends and in other discussion forums. Now I look like a sooth sawyer.
      Experience is a lifetime of mistakes, wisdom is not making them again.

Comment

• I say that toys will be the first to go to the end of the driveway.-----Should be lots of good deals on boats mid summer.-----Gas may well be cheap then , but if you have not got a job it does not matter.----Food and water come first.------I heard that gas was down to 61 cents / liter in southern Ontario in a few areas.

Comment

• Went up to Louisville today to sell my son Mom's house. Called his bank ahead of time and then called when we were it parking lot. My sig was already notarized, just needed his. They open the door and let him in and didn't want to touch the deed. Had him sign and then place deed in a bin and they carried in. He stays in between doors

One comes back out and he gets the doc's and goes back out

Went to total wine and picked up 8 boxes of wine, got 5 comments about stocking up, and I said yes. They don't know it cost more where I live and we normally stock up every time we go to a place which is cheaper, our place is $5 more each.

They have tape on the floor at check out lanes every 6 feet.
          94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
          95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
          07 Seadoo GTX
          Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
          G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

• Speaking of booze - I can get 170 proof cheap these days. What's a good mixer for E-85?
            BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
            Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
            That is what the forums are for.
            Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

• Originally posted by sphelps View Post
              Had a great time on the rented toon yesterday .. Cruised the Dora Canal .. Passed an Aqua Car.....
              Glad you were still able to enjoy the water since the show was canceled....

What color was the AquaCar? Light blue, sorta teal'ish color?

Been on the canal before and saw an AquaCar, not too many of those around, and it was in early March too, possibly @ the Dora Show, I cant remember. It was @ the spring trip I stopped by your place..... propably the same 1....

See any gators @ the canal? We saw a 3ftr that looked like a fake lawn ornament, as we motored out..... gone when we motored back
              Money spent @ Boat Restoration should be measured in Smiles & Pride SHOP IBOATS-BOAT SPECS-FORUM HELP-REPAIR/RESTO

Comment

• Originally posted by JASinIL2006 View Post
                Illinois just announced shelter-in-place rules starting Saturday... looks like I'll be working from home for a while...
                PA’s governor has been 3 - 4 days behind Illinois’ so I expect by next week we will be sheltered in place also.

Comment

• Sounds like NEW YORK CITY is getting squeezed.-------Not enuff material to supply hospitals , keep doctors and staff safe.--------Find it on YOU TUBE----an interesting documentary on how America lost it's manufacturing capacity.-----Look for ----Death by China ------Nothing to do with the start of this virus.-----Came out in 2016 I believe.------Has everything to do with how things changed over 30 years.------You can not change it back overnight !!

Comment

• Originally posted by racerone View Post
                    an interesting documentary on how America lost it's manufacturing capacity.-----Look for ----Death by China -----
                    Sad to say, but this may be the wake-up call to bring manufacturing back to the US and stop relying on other countries to manufacture everything we consume.
                    2001 Crestliner SuperHawk 1800, Mercruiser 140HP
                    2007 Tracker 1436 jon boat, 7.5HP Force

Comment

• John the Aqua Car was a sorta medium blue .
                      Didnt see any gators in the canal but saw about 3 baby ones at the campground and one 3 ft one sunning himself along the bank at Wooten Park ...
                      Heading back to town today ..
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                      '64 MFG Rebuild
                      MFG forum thread https://forums.iboats.com/mfg/64-edin...ay-524708.html
                      https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ve-the-manatee
                      https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...at-restoration

Comment

• Originally posted by fishrdan View Post

Sad to say, but this may be the wake-up call to bring manufacturing back to the US and stop relying on other countries to manufacture everything we consume.
                        Agree. But then the price of goods will go up because we pay our workers higher wages. Then you'll hear the consumer squak......

Comment

• ^^^^^ I like that idea. Maybe uninstall the 21st century and start fresh. We can live Y2K all over again!
                          BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
                          Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
                          That is what the forums are for.
                          Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

• Originally posted by WIMUSKY View Post
                            Agree. But then the price of goods will go up because we pay our workers higher wages. Then you'll hear the consumer squak......
                            I think that may be on the way to happening organically (bringing manufacturing back to the NA continent). That may forge a new relationship with Mexico, which could be a good thing. Consumers, standards of living and pay scale will all have to adjust ... might be squaky for a while, but I think it could even out in time (and not to anything particularly bad).

Comment

• Watching the 82 mens bball championship. Ewing, Worthy...

Comment

All 8pts for NC is from Ewing goaltending.... Jordan also playing.... Sleepy Floyd.. CBS

Comment

Working...
                                X