Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

....stocking up for Corona virus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post
    With so many school districts across the country closing schools and doing online classes, how is that working for your school age kids?.
    A friend of mine posted that the first day of home school went pretty well even though he had to expel two students for fighting and fire one teacher for drinking on the job.
    The last suit you wear won't need any pockets. You might as well spend it on a boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by aspeck View Post

That has been our whole state since Monday, I believe.
      They even shut down all rest areas. But then revisted that decision and reopened 13. Truckers and large motorhomes need a place to sleep....

Comment

• Originally posted by aspeck View Post
        Church is remote services. Hunkering down and waving from a distance ...
        How is Paypal working out for the offering?

The last suit you wear won't need any pockets. You might as well spend it on a boat.

Comment

• Admiral asked me to bring back the hand sanitizer from our river place. Three partially empty bottles. I poured the most empty in the other two and topped off with 95% cheapo Ever Clear ethanol. Then I added about 1/4 bottle to the empty with Solarcaine Cool Aloe gel, topped it off with the high test ethyl and gave it a good shake. All three are a little runny, but potent. ...gotta remember to wait 10 minutes before I light a cigar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sanitizer.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	10841202

'96 Larson 174 SEI BR. 4.3LX 4 bbl Weber s/n 0F786604. Alpha One Gen II s/n 0F709315

Comment

• Here in GA, it isn't state wide, only Atlanta. I'm sure the wider shutdown is coming.

I've been staying in and the few times I've gone to the grocery was late at night to avoid people. All the grocery stores have now cut back on hours and are filled with customers. Thankfully I'm not desperate by any means. I have lots of TP.
            BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
            Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
            That is what the forums are for.
            Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

• The two big grocery chains in our town are opening at 7:00 for older people. I qualify. The gray hair will be a pass. I haven't worried about TP so far, but I'll get up early tomorrow and check it out, as well as a responsible amount of stock-up to fill gaps at home. Taters, beans, etc. Our freezers are full of protein.
              '96 Larson 174 SEI BR. 4.3LX 4 bbl Weber s/n 0F786604. Alpha One Gen II s/n 0F709315

Comment

• Doctor for blood center called and said there would be no difference in giving or not giving blood so far as the bodies ability to fight off virus. Guess if we don't get sick between now and then we will be giving

Running up to Louisville tomorrow to drop off taxes. My tax guy has decided to do nothing but drop offs, and I don't blame him. Also meeting son at his bank and the bank notary will come out to parking lot to notarize deed and such.
                94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
                95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
                07 Seadoo GTX
                Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
                G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

• Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post
                  Here in GA, it isn't state wide, only Atlanta. I'm sure the wider shutdown is coming.

I've been staying in and the few times I've gone to the grocery was late at night to avoid people. All the grocery stores have now cut back on hours and are filled with customers. Thankfully I'm not desperate by any means. I have lots of TP.
                  GA-Boater, you know there is TWO side to every piece of TP! So don't throw it away until both sides are used... That's my story and I'm sticking...literally, to it...

You stated that most of the Corona Viruses were in the Atlanta area. And that is true, but today I heard an interesting claim. Seem in Laurens country has two people are confirmed to have Corona. However, neither one even knows the other one AND neither one has travels anywhere to pick it up. So the mayor has declared that country a state of emergency because they can't figure out how those two contracted Corona... Now that seems very interesting to me... And we now have 287 cases as of lunch time. So yesterday we had 197, today at lunch 287. That is a pretty huge jump for less then 24 hours... Sure hope it isn't contagious from the water...
                  Tom Boy Boat Project https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...s-what-trailer
                  Rebuilt trailer project https://forums.iboats.com/forum/gener...r-back-to-life
                  '76 40 HP Johnson rebuild https://forums.iboats.com/forum/engin...mplete-rebuild
                  Minn Kota 599 Project https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ta-599-project

Comment

• Originally posted by harringtondav View Post
                    .gotta remember to wait 10 minutes before I light a cigar.
                    LMAO

Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
                    1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
                    2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
                    1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• Originally posted by gm280 View Post

GA-Boater, you know there is TWO side to every piece of TP! So don't throw it away until both sides are used... That's my story and I'm sticking...literally, to it...

I'll keep that in mind, GM

Fulton and DeKalb counties, home to Atlanta, have 103 cases between them. I'm in Cherokee and it doubled overnight to 16. The whole state is under a declared emergency. The trouble is a person can be feeling fine, but still transmit to someone they don't know. More testing is causing the number of cases to jump. There are some drive thru testing sites, but it's limited to medical and emergency folks and doctor referrals only. Still not enough tests to go around. My doctor can't get test kits and she has a huge numbers of seniors.

Comment

• The stated rate is there are at least ten times the actual to known infections and with such a delay in testing that number could as high as fifty times. You will see a dramatic rise in reported cases as the dramatic rise in testing begins.

of course you won't hear much about that on the news as it doesn't scare people enough....
                        1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by redneck joe View Post

of course you won't hear much about that on the news as it doesn't scare people enough....
                          I hear it every day - Cases will increase as more testing is done from all the news shows and online reporting. What scares me is not knowing if the guy at store or a neighbor is a carrier because we still don't have enough testing.

I can't be tested even though I'm in the most susceptible group. One thing testing is showing is that anyone can get it at any age, so maybe I'm not so special anymore.

Comment

• I’m just wondering how accurate the testing is .. Are we sure the folks testing positive are actually carrying the virus?
                            Or vise versa ?
                            Had a great time on the rented toon yesterday .. Cruised the Dora Canal .. Passed an Aqua Car and a few classic woodies ..
                            It wouldn’t take much of a wake to swamp one of those cars !
                            Gunna hit a few golf balls today I think .. The campground has a nice little 9 hole coarse .. Free for the campers if you have your own clubs ..
                            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                            '64 MFG Rebuild
                            MFG forum thread https://forums.iboats.com/mfg/64-edin...ay-524708.html
                            https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ve-the-manatee
                            https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...at-restoration

Comment

• I thought of a way to beat the TP scramble. Our grocery chain offers online ordering and walk in pick up. I tried ordering just one 12 pack of TP to be responsible. Oops, $30 minimum required. Fine. I upped my order to three 12 packs. I really didn't want to hoard, but thems the rules. Gotta wait until next Wed for the pick up. No prob. We have a small reserve at home.

Comment

In case you are all bored

Here is a global list of Covid 19 https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

same website has Flu, Malaria, etc. https://www.worldometers.info/#flu

Cheesehead boating the Gulf Coast of FLA 27.51° N, 82.53° W

1988 Cruisers Rogue 2420 -VP 290 DP now powered by custom 468 - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owner...988-rogue-2420

Past Boats
                                1970 Wooster Hellion - Merc 9.8
                                2002 SeaRay 190BR - 5.0 - A1G2 - "Cheeseheads in Paradise"
                                1984 Avanti 170DLI -3.0 stringer- "Ship Happens"

What’s behind you doesn’t matter.Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                                X