Welcome Guest - Sign Up today
Welcome Guest - Sign Up today

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

....stocking up for Corona virus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well ----The grandson gave me a lesson in chess.-----Quite humbling when a 9 1/2 year old says-----" I think I am going to take your king soon , after like 6 moves "-------He was playing on a $10 set while I had the hand carved RUSSIAN set.-----He does not know it but he is getting that good set for his 10th birthday.-----Has to be hard on these kids to be out of school for who knows how long.----He is in a small town and I hope the school board can mail out lessons to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by bassman284 View Post

Hey hd! I forgot you were an Iowa boy like me. I live in Johnson County where all the sickies are. We're up to 18 cases and at least 15, if not 16, are connected to the Hills Bank Nile cruise. I think 3 cases in other counties were on the same cruise. I always knew cruises were a bad idea.
      I'm up in Black Hawk Co, CF to be specific. First case turned up today. 80 something old. Sad. The crud is creeping.

Admiral is in Scottsdale AZ with her sis's. She's going to pass on her return flight and drive back to IA with a sis. Exposure is an X by Y thing: Time exposed x people. She is passing on 120 people for 4 hrs in a tube vs. Three days in a car with a sis. I suggested they take sheets and pillow cases from the condo and use them at the motels. ...yea, uber paranoid.
      '96 Larson 174 SEI BR. 4.3LX 4 bbl Weber s/n 0F786604. Alpha One Gen II s/n 0F709315

Comment

• This virus is getting scarier by the hour as per post # 87

Comment

• We've been hearing to avoid shaking hands to avoid skin to skin contact by doing elbow bumps. Sounds safe enough, right?

Then I saw this today. It's recommended to cough or sneeze into your elbow. So what if your elbow bumping mate just sneezed/coughed into their elbow or you did. There is a good chance of passing the virus because it can be active for up to 24 hours on cardboard and is unknown on cloth, maybe about the same duration.

In my only shopping trip last week, I happened to run into my doctor. Naturally we talked from a distance about this pandemic after doing a long distance elbow bump. I jokingly said we could do a foot tap and she said she'll be seeing more broken bones from geezers like me losing my balance.

I guess it's best to stand back and wave, forget about any actual friendly contact. Just wave and say hi. Be careful out there.
          BOAT SPECS | FORUM HELP | STARCRAFT FORUM | SHOP iBoats
          Please, no PM's (Private Messages) regarding boat/engine problems.
          That is what the forums are for.
          Only forum/moderator issues will be answered in PM's.

Comment

• My wife received a text yesterday saying that she will be working 1/2 time next week instead of being off. But employees will be paid for the full 40 hours. Fair enough.

HOWEVER! Early this morning she received a phone call from her co-worker. Let's call her Jane. My wife and Jane work side by side in the same room.

It turns out that Jane's husband, let's call him John, an auto mechanic, commutes to work to another small town 35 miles away in an adjoining county.

Late last night John received a call from his employer stating that a worker at his car repair shop is ill and has tested positive for Covid-19. Another employee is also ill and is awaiting test results. The sick workers continued to go to work in spite of being sick.

BUT! The auto shop owner has decided to STAY OPEN in spite of the Covid-19 positive results inside the business. So John has gone to work again this morning! And the two exposed/confirmed people are Tow Truck drivers!

THIS IS HOW IT SPREADS!

Stay safe out there folks.
            1976 Starcraft Kingfisher Frugal Functional Fix-up
            1976 Starcraft Chieftain 18' OB - restomod
            Garage Project
            ------------
            There is a fine line between stoic... and DEAD.

Comment

• I jokingly said we could do a foot tap and she said she'll be seeing more broken bones from geezers like me losing my balance.
              94 Formula 27PC Custom 509MPI MEFI3 , B3 XR
              95 Rinker 232 w/ 7.4L Carb 0F425011 B1 0F486471
              07 Seadoo GTX
              Merc Adults Only VP Adults Only
              G-Dad always said "First Liar doesn't stand a chance"

Comment

• Good morning, iBoaters. Keeping a safe distance.

With so many school districts across the country closing schools and doing online classes, how is that working for your school age kids?

If you've switched to home schooling, how do you help your kids with Common Core math? Frankly, it makes no sense to me as I learned from memorizing multiplication tables, formulas, etc.

Stay safe out there. Or in there.

Comment

• On the 26th its time for our regular blood drive donation. I'm sure they are taking precautions to keep all safe. The thing I've been thinking about is for the last week or so I've had just a little tickle in the throat which comes and goes. One day its fine, the next 2 just enough to notice, then it goes away again.

Might be pollen but may be something else. The first question is how do you feel, so I feel fine but what about the tickle, Assuming they will test the blood for covia19 before use, so should be safe for others.

Then I think if I have the thing, then loosing a pint will lower my level to fight it off. Something to think about
                  07 Seadoo GTX

Comment

• Take your temp and take it several times a day. Allergies don't cause a fever.

Comment

• Local colleges are online only (Penn State, Juniata, St Francis, Penn Highlands, etc). Church is remote services. Hunkering down and waving from a distance ...

Comment

• Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post
                        Take your temp and take it several times a day. Allergies don't cause a fever.
                        Good point, and I've never had allergy issues, but getting older things can change
                        07 Seadoo GTX

Comment

• We are camping till Saturday . Keeping distances other than renting a toon for a few hours ..
                          Just a a wave and a nod to the other campers going by on the golf cart ....
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                          '64 MFG Rebuild
                          MFG forum thread https://forums.iboats.com/mfg/64-edin...ay-524708.html
                          https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat-...ve-the-manatee
                          https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...at-restoration

Comment

• Originally posted by AllDodge View Post

Good point, and I've never had allergy issues, but getting older things can change
                            I've had allergies for over 2 weeks. Pollen count is off the charts, we need rain.....

Comment

• Atlanta Mayor just closed gyms and bars, limited restaurants to take out only. I'm in the 'burbs and expect the same thing here with my county doubling the number of cases from yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by GA_Boater View Post
                                Atlanta Mayor just closed gyms and bars, limited restaurants to take out only. I'm in the 'burbs and expect the same thing here with my county doubling the number of cases from yesterday.
                                That has been our whole state since Monday, I believe.

Comment

Working...
                                X