I pushed the wrong key on this thing, need help please.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I pushed a key on this laptop keyboard. Now if I need to go in and change it e following letter of the next word gets eaten if you know what in heck I'm talking about. It has happened before n no way I can remember how to get it to normal. Notice in my 1st sentence the "t" and "h" of the word "the" was eaten. I better stop here as I am confusing myself now.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Had the same thing happen here.-----I just put my computer to sleep mode and start up again.-----To old to learn why it does it.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
As fast as it happened it cleared itself. Yep no use knowing what I did because if I don't write it down I won't remember anyway. The thing wouldn't start up yesterday so I flipped it over to take out the battery. On this thing the battery can't be removed, if you pay someone it can I'm sure. These cumbuter guys are smart. I tried to hook up our WiFi printer. Got through the steps until it says insert software into DVD tray. What DVD tray? 2 years now no printer. I was told if I contact a human being at Brother Printers they will walk me through it. I don't think Humans work there. I have tried several times then the voice on the other end says "Your wait is 97 minutes" yea right I'll stay on hold for an hour and 1/2 listening to some garbled elevator Musac. If you know what Musac is you are old!!! Ask a Millennial what it is. Or the round plastic thing is to insert on a 45. Ask what a 33 and a 1/3 or what a 45 is?

Where's the insert button? Thanks anyway guys.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Thanks my Peach Tree friend. I have tried that link and will try again with fresh eyes and mind. Thanks again. I'll say it again, what would I do without you?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
To install a printer without a CD, click add printer, let it search the computer for drivers, if it can't find them, it will asked if you want to search the internet, answer yes and let it go to brother and download the drivers and set it up.

And I am not a millennial

harringtondav

Commander
I've been generous with my young'uns. Bought them both new laptops when they went off to school. Then inherited their old clunkers later. Using one now. When all else fails I pull the charger cord, pull the battery and hold in the power button to dump the flea charge to the system. Plug everything back together and restart. Annoying, but works.