Great Grand Baby's

alldodge

Staff member
Grand kids are all great, I have 6, but yesterday got my first great grand baby. Her name is Genesis

Told my friend I'm now great at something :D and he replied ahhh no your not :(, might need to rethink my friends list

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
AD - Does this mean you're a great, grand geezer? :D

Genesis - What a neat name. She's gonna wear you out every chance you give her. :smile:

alldodge

Staff member
Grand geezer, that fits
Already being worn out when I'm around most any of the G kids, but that's always good

aspeck

Staff member
Man, great grand ... I will never make that! My oldest grand is 6! Congrats at being OLD! LOL! Genesis needs to get together with my nephews kids, Journey and Boston ...

alldodge

Staff member
I got started early, first kid (new grandpa) was born 1 month shy of my 19th BD. Father of Genesis is 22, so he waited a bit longer

Journey and Boston
sounds like a plan :thumb:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Congrats, you must be old!! Genesis, I've never heard a child named that before, What a fantastic name. We are all in perpetual Genesis as Humans.

Actually one need not be old to be a Great Grand Parent. I have a 1st couz in Sacremento area, Roseville actually. She had Johnny when she was 16, Johnny got a young lady preggy when he was 16 so she was a Grand Ma at 32. At 48 she became a Great Grand Mother. She's a year older than me, 66. I'll have to ask if she's a Great Great Grand Ma yet. Anything's possible in California. Uncle Sal is 93 I have to count what he is. If Johnny's kid has a kid who is now 18, old enough, Uncle Sal could be a Great, Great, Great Grand Pa. Now I'm confused.

I saw one of the best bumper stickers a while back, it said " IF THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH I WANT TO COME BACK AS MY PARENTS GRAND CHILD" I told my closest friend of 64 years who has 2 grand babies and one on the way I want to come back as his grand kid. Mary and he have new careers Grand Parenting. I saw plenty of friends and family change when they had their kids but I have never seen a change as when folks become Grand Parents. A job not for the young. A big pile of cash helps too.

Congrats again AllDodge and good luck to you too.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Enjoy all the joy they give you. I have a chance o be a great g-pa before I hit 60

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Married a month before my 18th birthday. My eldest was born 6 months later.

alldodge

Staff member
That's the old saying, first can come anytime, the rest take 9 months

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i'm 53 and no grandbabies yet. Oldest is agoraphobic so prob won't find one. Second oldest is gay, and not involved so no natural and no imminent adoption/surrogate. Next one is confirmed bachelor or really confirmed no babies kinda dude. Best chance is coming from my 23 year old but he;s still on the ship for close to another year and they are waiting.

We do have many younger friends in the 30's or so year old range that are starting to crank them out and i think God is putting all them into my life to ease me into being a grandpa. Not a kid friendly cranky bass.... but they seem to get to me.

I'm known as:
Joepa
Joke
Papa joe
and have three not talking yet so we'll see.

alldodge

Staff member
Kind of rough there Joe, here's to hoping you can get one soon