2020 NFL Offseason Banter, Rumors and General Talk

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
It can't be too early, can it?

Rumor from unnamed sources has it Las Vegas Raiders are going after free agent Tom Brady.

KC is a 6-1 Vegas fave to repeat at SB LV.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Iā€™m guessing TB stays put ....But I reserve the right to be wrong ....

GA_Boater

The Pats will match or beat any offers for Brady, I think that's the rule. Then Brady gets the upfront cash, stubs his toe and gracefully retires due to injury. The Pats ask why he treats them like this and he says guess.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I want to see the Packers draft a receiver in the first round or pick up a falling QB.

GA_Boater

It won't be long before you're noshing on fish and chips while quaffing live ale for 8 home games in London, Sam. This is how some owners treat loyal fans. He wants to move the Jags to London to become the London Limeys.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I hope the Vikes go after a QB. Cousins contract is up after next season...

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
The Chiefs and the 9ers are the two best teams in Football. They prove that by being in the Super Bowl. I wonder what the odds are of them meeting again in the super bowl next year?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I say move the Browns across the pond, or create a completely new expansion team.

as for Brady, if it was me and that was my team I've always played for - to me (and this applies to anyone ala Gonzalez, Montana, Manning, etc) it would be the respectful and honorable thing to do to stay, take a huge pay cut that allows your team to move forward (you already have a sh,t ton of cash anyway) and gracefully be the mentor to the next QB. You honor your team, your coach and your fans and most importantly - your position. Plus the team has a kick ass back up...

Chiefs Kingdom.

aspeck

Staff member
The AB apology tour continues ... this time with Big Ben being the recipient of the apology ...

The former Pittsburgh Steeler wide receiver posted a photo of Roethlisberger smiling and slapping the back of Brown's helmet when the two played together, along with a caption that praised Roethlisberger.

"Mostly you a little bit of me !" Brown wrote. "Yee yee !! I never realized how good I had it, got caught up in my emotion with everyone coming after me I really apologize for my actions sincerely man ! It's never been another connection like what we done in the past decade. I appreciate you. Sincerely AB."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28685486/antonio-brown-directs-latest-apology-ben-roethlisberger

He is trying hard to get back in the good graces of the NFL ...

GA_Boater

He's broke with his big time spending.

Why doesn't he post a pic of Big Ben smiling when AB walked out during a game? Maybe it doesn't exist?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I say move the Browns across the pond, or create a completely new expansion team.

as for Brady, if it was me and that was my team I've always played for - to me (and this applies to anyone ala Gonzalez, Montana, Manning, etc) it would be the respectful and honorable thing to do to stay, take a huge pay cut that allows your team to move forward (you already have a sh,t ton of cash anyway) and gracefully be the mentor to the next QB. You honor your team, your coach and your fans and most importantly - your position. Plus the team has a kick *** back up...

Chiefs Kingdom.

The respectful and honorable thing? I accept the respectful part of business but as far as being honorable to any team, business, religion or government I have yet to experience it. No matter what countries name is on the currency I have yet to see one that has the word "honour" on it. Or honor in American. Money talks and makes people walk. The NFL is a business. For us fans it transcends business but for those involved in it it's business first and foremost.

Brady moves on to another team until he reaches 45 then retires. Then they have a big spectacle in Gillette Stadium and retire his number as a Patriot. Just like dozens of players have done for years from Joe Willy to Joe Montana and Brett Favre to name a few and many in between.

I do not think that the NFL moving to London England will work out as well as they think it might. How honourable and respectful would it be to the fans in Jacksonville if their gagilionaire owner moved the Jaguars to the U.K.? Pronounced/Jag you ares in The U.K. not Jagwires as some in The U.S. pronounce it.

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
86694709_3118246171555383_561395175260160000_o.jpg

GA_Boater

How will he get 5000+ yards this year with half his receivers gone?
Did he scream about too many defenders on the field and too many refs?
Did he think every game was a monstrous sellout watching him play.