Pro Bowl

aspeck

Staff member
Hey Iron, the Pro Bowl is on! The ridiculous game of the best in the game playing at 1/2 speed. Russell Wilson did a class move in declining his start in favor of Drew Brees

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I couldnt bring myself to watch the "game", just caught a wee bit flipping channels. One play was a blocked PAT with a flag because of rushing the kicker. They did pick up the flag, but still! The AFC beat the NFC.

64osby

Admiral
I turned it on with about 3 minutes left in the game. Looked like half speed scrimmage was mandated for the defense.

There are a lot of million dollar knees, ankles and arms on the field with nothing to prove.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
We need a Madden Football, Pro Bowl Edition.

Pro Bowl selections are touted, but never, ever, are Pro Bowl stats bragged about, so why bother.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I just saw the end. What was Cousins doing there, was he an alternate for Rodgers? In Coysins form I saw him throw an int and fumbled which resulted in a td run back....:facepalm:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Hey Iron, the Pro Bowl is on! The ridiculous game of the best in the game playing at 1/2 speed. Russell Wilson did a class move in declining his start in favor of Drew Brees

I didn't watch and didn't miss anything. Talk Radio on Monday was lambasting the thing they call a Football game. Touch football maybe. They talked about more skills challenges like in the NBA 's slam dunk competition, MLB's home run derby and NHL skating and shooting skills. I might suggest an 8 on 8 flag game with retired stars joining and linemen involved in run and passing plays. Anything but what is supposed to be a football game now. Nobody is going to risk an injury with the salaries guys get today. They don't even get a free holiday with their families to Hawaii any more .It was mentioned a former 1st round pick RB of the Patriots made the Pro Bowl in his rookie year. he was sensational during the season. He tore his knee up in the game and never recovered. I can't even remember his name. Steve Tasker said the winners got 20K and the losers 10K back in the 90's, big deal is what he said as after paying the tax man and agents etc. it was less than 1/2 in the bank. The NFL brass must recognize no one is interested any longer in what they put on the field. If I don't watch it must be bad.