Next Gen NASCAR?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
They did it! The shape doesn't resemble a Mustang, Camaro or Camry. I don't think a wrap will make it look like one of them either.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I recently watched a good documentary explaining the history of Stock Car racing. Back when the big 3 would build a race car and sell them from their showrooms to be eligible to race as "Stock Cars". Nothing stock for the last many years. The new NASCAR racer looks like The original Batmobile. Nothing stock about it. Actually a reproduction of the original Batmobile sold last night at Barrett Jackson's auction for 300 grand.

We will be on the east coast of FLA Feb. 17th. I see Daytona 500 tickets are going for 250 bucks and up, that's more than 300 Canuck. I'll be watching in comfort by the pool I guess at those prices.

Am I correct in reading NASCAR intends on going Hybrid in the future? I know F-1 is.

GA_Boater

Yes - Talking about Nascar hybrids. F1 already did with the KERS system. Did because they've moved past that for now.

GA_Boater

Extreme cookie cutter cars. Only difference is 550HP motors, motor mounts and stickers, the chassis and body will come from single suppliers. And the motor won't be OHC or a Hemi. When will Nascar move past push rod motors?

Joey tested at Phoenix last month and seemed to say the car is a hand-full. It was just a single car test, so what will happen in traffic? That will be worked on starting in July when the teams get cars, but I think we will see plenty of composite body crash-testing beginning at the 2021 Daytona 500.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I am going to do my best this year as far as following NASCAR. I refuse to watch golf or fishing. I must take advantage of the 3 tracks we have locally this year, a paved oval that features The Canadian series sponsored by NASCAR and Pinty foods, a oval dirt track which is always fun to watch locals and the drags that I can hear run from our yard. There is also a road circuit at Toronto Motorsports Park which happens to be a 2 1/2 hour drive in good traffic to T.O. They had a road circuit until neighbours shut them down. Including the people that bought there knowing there was a race track next door. Now they are trying to shut down the Drags. These are the citiots that buy into the romantic tranquility of country living and then complain about the smell.

hvymtl939

Chief Petty Officer
As much as I don't care for him, I can't wait to hear Kyle Busch's take once he gets a chance to wheel this thing.

GA_Boater

If it suits The Whining Twerp driving style, it's a great car. If it doesn't, we won't hear the end of it.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I seriously doubt I will be watching most of the races this year, it would cost me an extra $55.00 a month to get the channels they broadcast on and I am to the point, I no longer believe it is worth it..