Keeping are down under folks in our thoughts

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
From what I seen on the news it’s pretty bad ..
prayers to all that may be effected ...

Fun Times

Staff member
Keeping you guys in my thoughts. Don't know how to help
Was thinking of asking the same after seeing the news just earlier today :eek: Plus the predictions for this weekend aren't helping...Feeling very sad for the animals out there too.:blue:

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Yeah, hi guys.

It's not great here. The east coast is taking the hardest hit, a few firies have lost their lives. In east Gippsland it's the worst, residents being evac'ed by the navy of all people. On the west side we're cut off from the rest of the country (road wise) by big fires crossing the main east-west roadway (on the Nullarbor). People having no choice but to stay and wait in small roadhouses, well and truly stretched beyond their normal carrying capacity. Still have at least 3 months for extreme temperatures to deal with too. Some of these fires have been burning for 2 months already. The worst is when the strong dry winds link the fires up... We have aerial water bombers, but places they can re-fill are also drying up.

I believe about 40 firefighters from California arrived in Melbourne yesterday. Much thanks for any help from anywhere.

We (in Perth) are also getting a lot of fires to our north, most are under control, but with more months of hot dry, that will likely change...

Chris........

harringtondav

Commander
Yeah, hi guys.

It's not great here. The east coast is taking the hardest hit, a few firies have lost their lives. In east Gippsland it's the worst, residents being evac'ed by the navy of all people. On the west side we're cut off from the rest of the country (road wise) by big fires crossing the main east-west roadway (on the Nullarbor). People having no choice but to stay and wait in small roadhouses, well and truly stretched beyond their normal carrying capacity. Still have at least 3 months for extreme temperatures to deal with too. Some of these fires have been burning for 2 months already. The worst is when the strong dry winds link the fires up... We have aerial water bombers, but places they can re-fill are also drying up.

I believe about 40 firefighters from California arrived in Melbourne yesterday. Much thanks for any help from anywhere.

We (in Perth) are also getting a lot of fires to our north, most are under control, but with more months of hot dry, that will likely change...

Chris........

I'm glad AD asked Chris. I've been concerned, along with many other Yanks.
FB concerns for AU.jpg